Level Designer SOCIAL FIRST / Helsinki, Finland (Hybrid)
PUBLISHED: February 8, 2022
We are a veteran team with years of experience in building cross-platform social MMO games together and in different companies. We promote healthy work-life balance, safe and inclusive culture, professional development, transparent communication and low hierarchy. We are remote-first and based in Helsinki, Finland – The gaming capital of the world.
At Social First, our ambition is to create cross-platform, social multiplayer & MMO games that will keep players and their friends engaged for years to come. We believe that focusing on the social interactions within games and having high accessibility regardless of the players’ favourite devices are key in creating meaningful, shared gameplay experiences.
We are currently looking for a Level Designer with experience in designing levels for top-down or third person games in Unity, to join our growing studio. In this role, you will be responsible for designing and creating level layouts, metrics and whiteboxes. You will also design level objects and their behavior. In addition, you will collaborate with game design in creating and balancing player metrics and locomotion. This is an exciting opportunity to create engaging content that will be enjoyed by players and their friends for years to come. You will be able to expand your design skills across different platforms.
- Competitive compensation with equity
- Great learning opportunities as a part of the early team
- Six weeks of annual paid vacation from the start
- Relocation assistance
- Remote-first hybrid model with a physical office in Helsinki, Finland
- Design and create game levels, player metrics, level objects and their behavior
- Collaborate with game design on character and enemy locomotion and behavior
- Collaborate with Head of Design and game design on level flow
- Collaborate with world and narrative design on world feel
- 3+ years track record as an Level Designer on multiplayer or MMO games
- Expertise in creating Levels for top-down or third person game
- Experience in creating player metrics
- Experience in state machines or similar game object functionality
- Experience in working in a design team
- Experience with Unity
Extra points for experience in:
- Cross-platform or PC/Console games
- Level visual design
- 3D modeling
- MMO, sandbox, metaverse or other highly social games
Interested? Please hit Apply and let’s start charting our journey together!