Level Design Lead (Puzzle Studio)
PUBLISHED: December 31, 2018
We are looking for an Experienced Level Designer to lead level design craft and team in Rovio’s Puzzle Studio.
Rovio’s Puzzle Studio is the established and passionate team behind the successful puzzle games such as Angry Birds Match, Angry Birds Pop, and our evergreen star Angry Birds Friends. In the studio we are always looking for the most talented and ambitious people to take the puzzle category to new heights. We’re a team first organization where you’ll find openness, candid feedback and a shared ambition to succeed to be at the very core of our DNA as a studio.
How do you succeed as a Level Design Lead in the Puzzle Studio? For us, content truly is king, and our level designers are a crucial piece of that puzzle. As a Level Design Lead you will be responsible for mentoring and leading our talented level designers, comfortably navigating between a mix of hands on detail while maintaining the helicopter view of the craft within the Puzzle Studio and driving its long term strategy. Together with the level design teams, you will own the entirety of level design activities in our studio, including delivering top-notch levels, concepting new gameplay elements, and constantly shaping level difficulty and progression pacing, using data analysis to tune and perfect the work.
What you’ll take under your wings:
- As the main point of contact of the level design craft in our studio, you will be managing and leading world-class level design across all of our games
- You will be coaching, mentoring, and inspiring the standard of our level design expertise, with the ambition of it becoming the best in the world
- Closely work with level design team members to help them plan and manage their work within their game projects, and determine the best team allocation and talent rotation according to studio priorities and individual needs & preferences
- You are responsible for creating and driving studio and game specific level KPIs, design guidelines and best practices
- You own the data and tool development needs for the level design craft
- As a Team Lead, you will coach level designers in their daily work as well as plan their long term development and career path
- To keep you familiar with the actual level design work and tools we use, you will be working as a Lead/Senior Level Designer in a selected game
We’d love it if you have these feathers in your cap:
- You have at least 5 years of experience designing game-changing puzzle experiences in such sub genres as match-3, bubble shooter, etc. in a commercially successful F2P puzzle game. In addition, you have at least 2+ years of experience in leading and coaching other designers.
- You have strong level design skills as well as theoretical or practical knowledge of level design and core gameplay. You are an expert in level content balancing and content pacing. You solve problems analytically, and use data to validate your intuition.
- You have the ability drive level design through each applicable stage of production: concept, wireframe, prototype, implementation, and refinement through to final sign-off. Mechanics, rules, probabilities, and aesthetics in level design are your specialty.
- You are great at reviewing games and giving constructive feedback to help refine the best possible content experience, both from commercial and player experience perspective.
- You are truly excited about the opportunity of building shared level design & production expertise, and best practices throughout multiple games and teams.
- You are an inspirational leader, and know how to motivate individuals to get the best out of creative professionals as a team.
You have experience in F2P games both as a designer and a player, you follow closely what is happening in the market, and are able to distill the best ideas to your own work.
We’re looking for team members who bring their own creative vision and passion into everything they do. If that describes you, this is a great opportunity to work in a fun and creative environment with skilled coworkers, contribute to a captivating new product, and expose your work to a global audience.
What you get when you join us:
- Great opportunity to work with top talent in the gaming industry!
- We give you the best support we can, we help you grow and achieve your professional goals.
- We do have fun! We are a family-like community that is hands-on, open, collaborative and ambitious.
- You will get to work in truly international environment: you will hear a number of languages in our workplace and can join a variety of activities that we come up with together.
- Competitive benefits such as a cell phone of our top models, a laptop you feel comfortable with, lunch and sport vouchers, breakfast, gaming area, gym, sauna and more.
Send your application over now – we look forward to hearing from you!