LEAD UI/UX DESIGNER
PUBLISHED: October 5, 2017
YOUSICIAN, Helsinki, Finland
At Yousician, our job is to reimagine music education, so everyone can play. We’ve built an amazing team of creative, passionate, and independent people, all working together to help millions of musicians learn, play, reach their goals, and have fun. If this sounds like the right mission for you, you’re in the right place!
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
This is a leadership role where you will drive user experience insights and translate them into wireframes, prototypes and actionable designs. You will be directly responsible for building our internally complex product and making it externally a simplistic, engaging and fun way to learn music.
As a Lead UI/UX Designer, you’ll have a unique opportunity to profoundly impact the lives of hundreds of millions of future musicians worldwide and re-imagine the way music education works.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Executing and driving design projects from initial ideas, prototypes to final market ready UI.
- Gain deep insight into our users’ behaviors and needs through user research, as well as identifying and communicating opportunities for innovation and differentiation.
- Working together with a product manager on prioritising design projects and defining feature specifications.
- Design simple, intuitive, and clear interfaces and UI elements, identify design problems, devise simple and elegant solutions, and deliver the necessary final assets.
- Take a user-centered approach and constantly feed users insights into your design process by leveraging user interviews, surveys and A/B testing.
- Collaborating with product managers, music teachers, developers and team members to create a consistent user experience across different parts of the application.
- Effectively communicate your ideas with the team throughout the design process, knowing when to go with low-res wireframes and when to deliver pixel perfect design.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have 5+ years of UX design experience and designed released digital products. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience creating simple solutions for complex mobile applications.
- You’re a clear and effective communicator who has 2+ years of experience mentoring and managing other designers.
- You have experience in using structured thinking to design solutions, and a deep understanding of simple, mobile-first, and responsive design.
- You have a solid grasp of user-centered design and testing methodologies, subsystems, and usability and accessibility concerns.
- You can iterate your designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- You are comfortable presenting your ideas to stakeholders. You will be able to explain the reasoning behind your thinking and absorb and respond to feedback constructively.
- Proactive and self-confident, adaptable and able to cope with changing and evolving priorities whilst being able to identify new opportunities.
- Provide final, detailed UI specifications and assets for developers to implement.
WHAT WE OFFER
- You’ll have a meaningful and profound impact on the lives of millions of musicians and future musicians all around the world.
- You’ll get a competitive compensation package – salary, stock options, crazy perks – and work in an awesome new office in the heart of Helsinki.
- We have lots of perks and quirks: daily push-up sessions, bonus for sport activities, jam sessions (with more instruments than you can shake a drumstick at!), board game tournaments and sauna evenings, and our famous Greece, Thailand and Tenerife work-retreats.
HOW TO APPLY
- Send us your application and CV (in English). Let’s make the world a more musical place together! Everyone who comes to a personal interview at our office gets an ukulele. #rockon
Yousician is the largest and fastest growing music education company in the world, with millions of users worldwide. Based in Helsinki, Finland, Yousician develops high-tech interactive software for learning guitar, piano, bass, and ukulele. Yousician provides real-time feedback on how you’re playing, combining the addictive features of computer games with songs and exercises to make the learning process easy, fun and motivating.Yousician also develops the world’s #1 guitar tuner app Guitar Tuna (iOS, Android, WP) and has won numerous international business awards including WIRED’s hottest Finnish start-up, SXSW, Midem, Launch.edu, and educational awards such as Sunday Times ‘World’s best apps’ and Best European Learning Game. We’re hiring, so come join an amazing team and help us make the world a more musical place!