Lead UI/UX Designer NEXT GAMES / Helsinki
PUBLISHED: November 16, 2021
We are looking for a UI/UX Designer with a heavily user-centered design approach who seeks out user validation over gut feeling. You will work closely with our game designers, data analysts and artists to craft compelling features from start to finish, making sure that both the usability and overall user experience are top-notch. Player motivation is close to your heart and you care deeply about creating delightful experiences for users. You have a holistic approach to your work, driving your designs from ideation to implementation, and enjoy making your mark with your insight and problem-solving skills that directly influence the outcome of our products.
As an ideal candidate you already have a good understanding of both Unity and UGUI and have adapted one of the industry-standard prototyping tools as an integral part of your process. If this sounds like you, look no further.
You will get to work with around 100 friendly and talented games professionals in our amazing office in the center of Helsinki.
- Solid understanding of UX and user-centric design, modern design patterns and best practices
- Full knowledge of the Unity & UGUI
- Proven UI experience with multiple shipped games
- Fluent in creating wireframes, prototypes and user flows
- Experienced with multiple industry standard tools such as Photoshop, Sketch, Figma and Xd
- Thorough understanding of resolution independent and adaptive design
- Creative mindset with exceptional problem-solving skills
- 5+ years of job experience as an UX/UI designer
- Lead the UX discipline. Supervise and guide the UX designers
- Plan and execute company UX strategy and vision
- Give guidance to the discipline and to teams throughout the company
- Develop the UX discipline and the related methodology ahead on individual, team, and the company level, constantly driving improvement in the ways we research, plan, design, communicate and execute UX
- Work closely with coders, designers, artists, product owners and other stakeholders as an UX owner in a day-to-day development environment
- Manage UX tools, budgeting and subscriptions
Next Games is proud to have a history of collaboration with some of the world’s biggest media properties, such as AMC’s The Walking Dead and Netflix’s Stranger Things. The fans of these properties are people young and young at heart, from all walks of life – not just those traditionally seen as ‘gamers’. At Next Games, we seek to delight and entertain players of all kinds. We do this by creating games that expand the worlds of the most beloved media and entertainment properties of our day.
Our core values – Caring, Curiosity, and Courage – guide us in our efforts, so these should be close to your heart as well. We aim high here at Next Games and will ask you to do the same. In exchange, you’ll be part of a team that is great to work with, who is dedicated and passionate about what we do – we believe passion is contagious. Giving each Nextgamer the tools and means to succeed in their job is our priority. We believe the fruits of our labor should be shared with everyone at Next Games. We offer the opportunity to work with a diverse bunch of passionate and dedicated people, a competitive salary and benefits package, but first and foremost a big challenge.
Does this sound like you? Send your CV and cover letter through the application link as soon as possible, we will process applications as they come in.