Lead Server Developer – Advertising + User Acquisition
PUBLISHED: January 28, 2020
ROVIO, Helsinki Metropolitan Area
Games Technology works with data and analytics, machine learning, build and submission tools, cloud infrastructure for service and game servers, and their in-house gaming cloud services platform, Beacon, to bring Rovio’s games to life every day. With a multi-national team of talented professionals, Games Technology supports tens of millions of players, hosts some of the most cutting edge cloud services out there, serves thousands of requests per second from all corners of the globe, captures 4 Billion analytic events per day and over 1TB of data per day, and runs approximately 1300 instances on Amazon AWS. All of these services and tools enable successful live operations in Rovio’s games, allowing game teams to optimize player engagement and monetization.
As a Lead/Senior Server Developer, you will shape our ads and UA offering for our games solving complex problems and driving our business. In Q1 2019, to grow our business we spent over $23 Million on user acquisition, and our ads platform mediated over 15 ads sources delivering over 1 billion impressions per month.
In this role, you will be responsible for concepting, building and maintaining our own services (including yield management, campaign management, native cross-promotion). You will participate in selecting and integrating partner services and tools (including Singular, AppNexus, Facebook, Unity Ads, Vungle, Google). We expect you to lead small development teams and bring with you strong technology skills ideally including machine learning experience.
Your responsibilities as a Lead/Senior Server Developer:
- Develop and maintain our Ads and UA product offering
- Research emerging solutions and technologies, for example, the use of machine learning for optimisation
- Work closely with and lead developers and engineers (client, front-end, server, data, cloud, QA), product managers, designers to implement versatile solutions
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues working closely with our ads operations team
- Work on other service areas as required (for example segmentation, payments, live ops)
- Launch, iterate and make a difference
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 5+ years of recent Java development experience
- Background in Ads / UA service development
- Depth knowledge of relational databases, NoSQL databases and Big Data warehouses
- Practical experience working in Agile software development teams using Scrum or Kanban
- Excellent team working skills and leadership
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
What you get when you join us:
- Our team is hands-on, open, collaborative and ambitious. We do have fun together!
- Work in a truly international environment with more than 15 nationalities in the Technology team
When applying please tell us what you bring and how you will drive our ads and UA performance! Remember to include a cover letter and CV. We look forward to hearing from you!