PUBLISHED: June 8, 2020
REDLYNX, Helsinki, Finland
Are you passionate about games? Do you want to be part of a world-class international game development team with true professionals in a fun atmosphere? At Ubisoft RedLynx we break boundaries. How about you?
We’re Ubisoft RedLynx, a game development studio located in Helsinki, one of the world’s top cities to live in. We bring console/PC and mobile game development under one roof with an ambitious team of over 150 people of 20+ different nationalities. Along with our popular Trials series, the action-packed South Park: Phone Destroyer and Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 for Google Stadia, we have developed and published more than 100 games. As one of the biggest and long-standing game studios in Finland, we want to surprise people with the unexpected and create impactful game experiences that stand the test of time.
We’re part of Ubisoft https://www.ubisoft.com/en-US/company/overview.aspx, a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services. We’re surrounded by 18,000+ enthusiastic experts tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond. Belonging to the Ubisoft family brings tons of benefits, including vast resources and support, plus the opportunity to collaborate on exciting projects with high production value.
We are looking for a
Lead Programmer for an unannounced project
We have just kicked off the development of a new game based on our own and new IP. Your role would be to lead and develop a team of highly skilled tech, engine, and UI programmers to ensure optimal and sustainable technical performance of the game. We are searching for an experienced technical lead who knows what it takes to release cutting edge games on platforms like PC, Xbox One and PS4, but the responsibilities can be fine-tuned based on your experience and interests.
We will give you the opportunity to join a recently founded team of game developers working towards high goals in an exciting period of growth. We work with state-of-the-art tools experimenting with the very latest technologies. You will get to enjoy the network and resources of Ubisoft, and work in an agile studio with a relaxed, yet highly focused atmosphere.
- Plan and manage the work of your team members and help them develop and reach their goals
- Take an active role in technical and architectural decision making
- Communicate and work together with other game development teams to facilitate information flow improve our processes
- Go hands-on with the code yourself when the situation so requires
Our dream candidate
- Has previous experience in leading programming teams
- Is proficient in C++
- Creates and enforces good programming practices
- Communicates very well with others and fosters teamwork
- Is the one making things happen in a proactive way
- Several finished game projects
- Experience on different platforms like Xbox One, PS4, and PC
- Experience in agile development practices
- Degree in Computer Science or some other relevant field
- Strong enthusiasm for games!
What are you waiting for? Please send your application and CV with your salary expectations. The application period closes on June 22 but apply now because we can’t wait to meet you!
And if you are still thinking if to apply or not, explore what Ubisoft RedLynx https://www.redlynx.com/careers/ has to offer.
This is a permanent position based in Helsinki, Finland, and requires working onsite. For this role, we are not currently able to sponsor visas or work permits due to the COVID-19 situation.