Lead Online Programmer
PUBLISHED: September 18, 2017
Do you long to be a part of a world-class international game development team with true professionals in a fun atmosphere? You’ve found your place, RedLynx can offer you this and much more. We are serious about fun!
RedLynx, a Ubisoft Studio is a multiplatform game development studio located in Helsinki. Among the hugely popular Trials series, we have developed and published more than 100 games. We are a passionate team of almost 140 people of 21 different nationalities. Founded in 2000, we are one of the oldest and biggest game studios in Finland.
Since 2011 RedLynx has been part of Ubisoft, the 3rd biggest independent publisher in the world with over 12,000 team members, who work hand-in-hand to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences. At RedLynx we cherish the spirit of innovation and experimentation, and we are proud to have support and trust from Ubisoft to push practices and solutions that will be used by other studios worldwide.
At the moment we are working on new interesting projects and our studio continues to grow. Now we are looking for a
Lead Online Programmer for an unannounced ambitious console game project.
As a Lead Online Programmer, your job is to lead our passionate team of experienced online programmers working on online multiplayer and online services in our multi-platform console and PC game projects. You will work closely both with gameplay and engine teams to create great online experiences fulfilling our ambitious visions.
- Leading a team of online programmers
- Taking care of the immediate project needs but not forgetting the longer-term development of the team and its individual members
- Gathering and negotiating requirements for features
- Taking part in technical design and documentation of the online features
- Planning, estimating and delegating the tasks to the team
- Taking part on implementing the online features related to online multiplayer and/or online services
- Proven team leading skills
- Released console and/or PC games
- Online programming experience, for online MP and/or other online functionality
- Solid programming and code architecture skills, especially in C++
- Commitment to code quality, documentation and testing procedures
- Passion for games and interest in the games industry
- Degree in computer science or software engineering or equivalent
- Proactive attitude and strong self-organization skills
- Multiplatform development experience
- Server and database programming experience
- An open, international and massively friendly work environment full of ambitious and skilled people who are passionate about what they do
- Lots of challenges, opportunities to develop yourself, and possibilities to learn from Ubisoft’s vast resources
- Opportunity to work with and learn from seasoned industry veterans
- Competitive compensation and benefits such as wide healthcare and insurances, phone benefit, free gym, free breakfast, free games, parties, events… you name it 🙂
- Good work/life balance: We take our work very seriously but we also respect and value our employees’ personal lives, also during high-intensity periods, that’s why we have flexible work hours
- Relocation help
What are you waiting for? Please send your application and CV with your salary expectation. The application period closes on 31.10.2017, but apply now because we can’t wait to meet you!