Lead Narrative Designer
PUBLISHED: December 17, 2019
Ubisoft RedLynx is a multiplatform game development studio located in Helsinki, one of the world’s most liveable cities. Along with the popular Trials series and the action-packed South Park: Phone Destroyer, we have developed and published more than 100 games on both mobile and console. That’s pretty unique! We’re a passionate team of over 150 people of 20+ different nationalities. As one of the biggest and oldest game studios in Finland, we focus on surprising people with the unexpected and creating impactful game experiences that stand the test of time.
We’re part of Ubisoft, a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services. Globally, that means over 17,000 enthusiastic experts tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond. Belonging to the Ubisoft family brings many benefits, including vast resources and support, plus getting to collaborate in large, exciting projects. Join us and create the unknown.
Lead Narrative Designer
We have just kicked off a new project with a brand-new IP and we are now looking for a Lead Narrative Designer to enrich the world and fantasy of our latest game by creating consistent and believable narrative structures. You unite narrative experience with gameplay systems providing players with immersive and compelling gaming experiences. You will join forces with the creative director and the design team.
You will join a recently founded team of senior and skilled game developers working on a new project in the world’s third-biggest game publisher. We have big ambitions to introduce groundbreaking features for building long-term player engagement. You will get to enjoy the network and resources of Ubisoft, but at the same time, work in an agile studio where we take our work seriously, but not ourselves.
- Help the creative director in the creation of a narrative experience that will enable players to feel strong emotions in the game
- Contribute to creating an immersive game world and player experience
- Develop context and emergent narrative moments in the game
- Document, test, implement and follow the narrative structure in the game.
- Drive the communication of the narrative experience to the rest of the production team
- Pair up with the game design team to ensure consistency between design and narration
- Support the project with narrative design related ad hoc tasks and duties
Our dream candidate
- Has several years of experience in designing narrative structures in games or other relevant fields
- Has excellent skills in creating narrative structures and stories
- Has strong ability to communicate ideas through verbal, written and visual methods
- Has outstanding writing skills in the English language (preferably native level)
- Has a problem-solving mindset and passion for new ideas – and the ability to find ways to turn awesome ideas into reality
- Is driven towards solutions and results
- Is a strong team player and fosters collaboration
- Has skills in positively influencing others towards ideas and initiatives
- Awesome projects with a lot of variety
- An open, international and massively friendly work environment full of ambitious and skilled people
- Lots of challenges and opportunities to develop yourself
- Newly renovated office space next to the services of the city’s biggest shopping center & transportation hub Tripla, within an easy commute from the city center of Helsinki
- Competitive compensation and benefits, such as wide healthcare and insurances, phone benefit, lunch vouchers, free gym, free breakfast, free games, parties, events… you name it 🙂
- Good work/life balance: We take our work very seriously, but we also respect and value our employees’ personal lives, also during high-intensity periods. And that’s why we have flexible work hours
- Relocation help
What are you waiting for? Please send your application and CV with your salary expectation. The application period closes on January 6 but apply now because we can’t wait to meet you!