Lead Gameplay Programmer
PUBLISHED: February 11, 2019
GAMES JOBS FINLAND, Paris France
Are you ready to take on new challenges? You want to offer great experiences to players?
Please check the following and hear more.
Your Daily Quest
Under the direction of the Producer, you will participate in the definition of the technical orientations of the project.
You will be responsible for the architecture, production and implementation of all Gameplay features. Combining strong managerial and technical skills, you will organize the production of the team of gameplay programmers, the management of their planning and the process of communication with the other teams through several studios.
As a technical referent on the project, you will need to understand and challenge the design intent of the game to enhance the player experience.
Technical skills :
- Transpose the game’s design intent into gameplay features that will maximize player playability, credibility and comfort
- Ensure compliance with code standards and help enforce good programming practices in the engineering team,
- Solve complex issues and have a constant focus on optimizing technical performance,
- Demonstrate debugging and optimization skills,
- Develop and practice strong prototyping skills,
- Ensure the creation and constant updating of the technical documentation within the team,
- Managerial skills:
- Pilot and mobilize a team of gameplay programmers in charge of transcribing creative ideas into gameplay elements,
- Collaborate and communicate on a daily basis with the “core team” as well as other professions,
- Transmit the editorial vision to the teams and challenge the design intentions of the game,
- Prioritize and manage the daily tasks of the team, monitor and evaluate their work,
- Empower and manage team performance: goal setting, regular and constructive feedback, etc.
- Manage all communications and meetings with other teams and other studios in French and English,
- Build a collaborative spirit in their teams and encourage their creativity,
- Participate in the sharing of information and knowledge in his field.
- Technical training type engineering school, university, or equivalent,
- Minimum 6 years experience in gameplay programming, with a first experience in team management,
- Excellent command of C ++ and good level in C #,
- At ease with an iterative work environment and Agile methods,
- Good time management dedicated to development (code) compared to the time allotted for the tasks and responsibilities of management and communication related to the role of “lead”,
- Listen to your teams, demonstrate integrity and empathy,
- Bilingual English to ensure intra and inter studio communications and meetings,
- Passion for the video game,
- Demonstrate an ongoing desire to learn and improve.
- Work with the most advanced technologies and some of the best professionals in the field;
- Work on AAA projects;
- Incentive programs meant to ensure new employees an easy integration in the teams;
- Motivating salary and bonuses;
- Comprehensive benefits package, incl. meal tickets, transport titles, private medical insurance, etc.;
- International work culture;
Location: Paris (work on-site)
For further information and questions, please get back to Arja Martikainen of Games Jobs Finland by Monday the 18th of February by e-mail arja.martikainen(at)barona.fi or +358 40 7621564