Lead Game Programmer (Battle Studio)
PUBLISHED: November 30, 2017
Do you have a passion for solving the technical challenges of real-time PvP games? Do you enjoy coding fun and exciting mobile games? Are you thrilled by competitive games? Are you eager to join an ambitious team creating the next leading real-time PVP game on mobile from the get-go? Our Battle Studio in Espoo, Finland is creating cutting-edge mid-core games and establishing new IPs. Come get inspired and be part of creating something fresh! Excitement is brewing as the team prepares to tackle ambitious goals. Feel inspired by the opportunity and freedom of getting involved at the game’s genesis.
Join us as a Senior Game Programmer leading the game client development from prototype to shipped game and beyond!
What you’ll take under your wings:
- Lead the game client development from prototype to shipped game and beyond
- Design real-time/asynchronous PvP game architectures with server programmers
- Design, implement and test game client features
- Lead the client developers to build high performing top quality games
- Work together with server developers to ensure seamless integration with backends
- Optimize games to run beautifully on mobile platforms
- Carry the responsibility of the performance and technical quality in the project
- Integrate third party SDKs and services to game clients
- Participate in prototyping new game concepts
- Work as a team with other developers, designers and artists to build the best game possible
We’d love it if you have these feathers in your cap:
- Significant programming experience leading to mastery of relevant skills and technologies
- Proven game development background preferably on commercial projects
- Experience of game development using Unity
- Strong programming skills with C# and preferably also C++.
- Broad knowledge of game architectures and technologies (rendering, physics, AI, networking, real-time and asynchronous PvP, backends)
- Experience with debugging, profiling and performance optimizations
- Good understanding of mobile platforms and hardware
- Analytical problem solving
- Experience with any additional programming languages
- Experience with F2P games both as a developer and a player
We’re looking for team members who bring their own creative vision to everything they do. If that describes you, this is a great opportunity to work in a fun and creative environment with skilled coworkers, contribute to a captivating new product, and expose your work to a global audience.
What you get when you join us:
- We give you the best support we can, we help you grow and achieve your professional goals
- We do have fun! We are a family-like community that is hands-on, open, collaborative and ambitious
- You will get to work in truly international environment: you will hear a number of languages in our workplace and can join a variety of activities that we come up with together
- Great opportunity to work with top talent in the gaming industry!
- Competitive benefits such as a cell phone of our top models, a laptop you feel comfortable with, lunch and sport vouchers, breakfast, gaming area, gym, sauna and more
Send your application over now – we look forward to hearing from you!