Lead Game Developer DAZZLE ROCKS / Helsinki, Finland
PUBLISHED: December 21, 2021
Are you a passionate and self-driven person ready to break new ground for what will become the new norm of mobile gaming? We are looking for a Lead Unity Developer to join our skilled and highly effective team in Helsinki, Finland.
This is an exciting next step for an experienced game developer who is ready to tackle fun and interesting player-facing challenges. You will play an integral role in creating a groundbreaking social MMO whilst solving complex problems and working on real-time multiplayer gameplay. You will have a wide array of engaging tasks, from prototyping experimental features to writing long-living maintainable game code and much more.
If you’re right at home in a fast-moving and growing start-up environment and being a great team collaborator is second nature to you, let’s connect!
- Develop high-quality and testable Unity C# code and architecture
- Utilize Unity to provide an amazing gameplay experience to players
- Evaluate and implement up-and-coming technologies such as Unity D.O.T.S.
- Work closely with the team on the development roadmap
- Create and maintain coding standards, code reviews, and performance benchmarks
- Create internal tools and templates for artists and designers to work efficiently
- Distribute and share knowledge in an inclusive manner
Our ideal candidate
- Unity systems & network layer expert
- Extensive architecture experience and understanding and ability to communicate and present it clearly –> how to do and communicate tech design
- Understanding of tech dependencies in the roadmap –> what do we do when
- experience of managing teams, mentoring, coaching, motivating others.
- Up to date knowledge of technology (MMO) and previous experience from online multiplayer
- Hands-on software engineer background
- Extensive Unity experience
- interest in functional programming
What we offer
- An interesting and groundbreaking project
- The freedom to take the lead, build the existing team and be integral in scaling a project with a worldwide audience
- A collaborative, open-minded, and international team
- Relocation assistance
- Fair and competitive compensation & benefits
- Creative studio space at the heart of Helsinki
- Possibilities to develop in your role and skills, be the architect of your own path
- Due to the exceptional situation in the world, we are in remote work mode. To make your home office as comfortable as possible, we provide all of the needed hardware and software for you to be at your best during these times. We’ve also come up with great ways to stay connected with the team, even when we’re apart.
We cannot wait to see what you have in store for us!