Lead Game Artist / Hill Climb Racing 2 FINGERSOFT / Oulu
PUBLISHED: January 13, 2021
WHAT WE’RE AFTER
We’re looking for a Lead Artist for our world-famous Hill Climb Racing 2 mobile game. Ideally, you have experience from art leading in multiple shipped products. You have a strong foundation in visual arts and know the ins and outs of mobile game production. You can develop art styles for world-class products with the help of your art team. Creating beautiful visuals is just the starting point for genre-defining games, and you know how to push the art style for readability, global appeal, and originality. Hill Climb Racing is the leading 2D racing franchise on mobile with a huge dedicated audience and potential for much more.
As a Lead Artist, you’ll be responsible for the game’s art production. You love to work with people and know how to encourage and empower your team members. You will be in close contact with other leads and stakeholders who will help you develop and steer the project’s visual development. You’ll be part of a small, autonomous, and agile team where you’ll get a lot of responsibility and freedom to have an impact on things.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for developing and sustaining our iconic art style for the game.
- Work with other disciplines to establish technical and aesthetic guidelines for art in the game.
- Improving the pipeline for creating in-game art assets.
- Planning and executing new areas of visual development for the game together with marketing and brand workgroups.
- Collaborate with other leads, Brand Workgroup, and the team in finding the best directions for the game’s visuals.
- Planning tasks for artists.
You should have:
- Experience in managing internal art pipelines.
- Passion and experience to lead other artists.
- Experience creating a broad range of art styles in 2D.
- Know-how of creating and animating game assets such as characters, vehicles, and levels.
- Have a strong understanding of mobile interface design, flow, and usability.
- Have a deep passion for making games.
- Ability to work with outsourcing studios if necessary.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary and seriously great benefits.
- Easy going and relaxed atmosphere.
- Passionate co-workers of various fields.
- The opportunity to develop your field inside a growing company.
- A position in one of the top gaming companies in Finland.
- A lot of fun and excitement
WE ALSO APPRECIATE
- Spine animation program experience.
- Gaming as a hobby and an interest in mobile games.
If you think you could be a great match for the position, don’t hesitate to drop us your CV and portfolio. Please add your salary request. Send your application ASAP (at the latest on January 31st, 2021), we will be handling the applications as they arrive.
Want to know more about Fingersoft and this position? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.