Lead Game Artist FINGERSOFT / Oulu
PUBLISHED: October 12, 2021
WHAT WE’RE AFTER
We are looking for a Lead Game Artist to join our team in Oulu. We assume you have a solid background working on games. You know the game graphics pipeline throughout from concepting to finalizing the assets and have worked with the Unity game engine.
The team you would be joining is a small team with a big dream. It is currently in the early stage of the development of an ARPG mobile game with distinctive, stylized graphics and edgy humor.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for all visual development needs of the team.
- Work together with the team on various aspects of the game development.
- Ability to oversee, maintain and produce the overall visual style of the game.
- Understanding of art pipelines, especially with Unity.
- Ability to create finalized 2D and 3D art assets.
- Strong understanding of visual art principles.
- A deep passion for making games.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Partake in a project that stands out from the crowd.
- Opportunity to join on a voyage to the outer limits of humor and good taste.
- Competitive salary and seriously great benefits.
- Easy-going and relaxed atmosphere.
- Relocation assistance.
- Passionate co-workers of various fields.
- The opportunity to develop your field inside a growing company.
- A position in one of the top gaming companies in Finland.
- A lot of fun and excitement with all the ups and downs.
WE ALSO APPRECIATE
- Gaming as a hobby and an interest in mobile games
- Degree in Media and Arts or relevant field
- Understanding our box joke.
We are looking for a team member whose superpowers are unhindered imagination and bottomless curiosity. Wise enough to know where the box is, brave enough to think outside of it, and skillful enough to cram it all back into another.
If you think you could be a great match for the position, don’t hesitate to drop us your CV and portfolio. Please add your salary request. Send your application ASAP since the first suitable candidate will be hired.
Want to know more about Fingersoft and this position? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Company
GOOD GAMES | GREAT PEOPLE
We are best known for the mobile smash hits “Hill Climb Racing” and “Hill Climb Racing 2”, which have a combined total of over 1.5 Billion installs across all platforms – However, despite our huge audience, we keep things small and personal, with a strong focus on maintaining a relaxed, casual and informal work atmosphere.
Today we employ more than 90 people from all corners of the globe. Our company slogan is “Good Games | Great People” and we truly believe that the pure essence of what makes Fingersoft, Fingersoft – Is its people. A unique and diverse bunch of battle-hardened professionals at the top of their fields, each united by a love of making amazing video games and having a good laugh.
We are one of the most northern game studios in the world, chilling out (literally and figuratively) just 170 km south of the arctic circle in Oulu, Finland. Oulu is one of the largest cities in Finland & is a compact, safe, technological & youthful place; with one of the youngest populations in Europe (the average age is only 38) and some of the lowest cost of living in Finland. It was even ranked as the number 1 city in Europe for quality of life in 2016!
- Gear of your choice
- Flexible hours with a focus on having a solid work/life balance
- Health & Dental care, free massage monthly
- Lunch benefit on top of your salary
- Free snacks, fruit & beverages at the office
- Yearly education, sport & culture allowance
- Company sporting events, Friday sauna, free usage of company gym
- Phone & Internet benefit
- Bike & Commuting benefit
- Modern office at the city center of Oulu
- Relocation assistance