Lead Designer (Battle Studio)
PUBLISHED: June 27, 2019
Welcome to Rovio!
We are looking for an experienced Lead Designer to join us on a quest to create a category defining game on mobile. It’s a very tall challenge, but you won’t have to start from scratch – you’ll be joining a compact, talented and battle-tested team who can iterate on ideas at an extremely rapid pace.
This role is within Rovio’s Battle Studio. The studio is working on a few unannounced, competitive games. Our teams are senior, our hierarchy is flat and our ambitions are high. This is an environment where strong ideas, commitment and hard skills trump years of experience.
You’ll fit in our flock if you:
- Share our vision of creating fresh experiences for mid-core audiences.
- Don’t get intimidated by the top grossing charts.
- Have a passion to get your game ideas come to life and get tested by your peers and the target audience.
- Want to continuously learn and keep improving with ambitious and like minded gaming professionals.
You’ll need these skills:
- 7+ years commercial experience and proven success working on mobile F2P games, preferably both from operating a live game as well as developing a game from scratch.
- Experience in creating strong game concepts and leading their execution.
- Strong social game design skills, understanding the dynamics of competition and collaboration.
- Experience in creating and managing highly balanced game systems and economies.
- Skills and passion to lead game vision, willingness to have an open mind and adapt and iterate designs, but also steer and make decisions when needed.
- A genuine interest in F2P and mobile games, as well as the wider world of gaming.
- Strong interest and belief in data-driven approach to support & validate intuition.
It would be lovely if you also have:
- Creative writing experience.
- CCG/Strategy/RPG design experience.
What you get when you join us:
- Strong company with ambitious plans for the future: Rovio has a long background in the mobile gaming industry and we have no plans to stop our growth.
- Great opportunity to work with top talent in the gaming industry!
- Personal growth: We offer subscription to various learning platforms, as well as budget to buy books and conference tickets.
- Fun and international environment: You will hear lots of languages, jokes and laughter in our workplace.
- Competitive benefits such as a cell phone and a laptop you feel comfortable with, lunch and sport vouchers, breakfast, gaming area, sauna and more.
If you feel you have what it takes to join our ambitious and exciting team, apply now! Interviewing starts as soon as we find interesting candidates. Looking forward to hearing from you!