Lead Backend Developer DAZZLE ROCKS / Helsinki, Finland
PUBLISHED: March 11, 2022
Are you a passionate and self-driven person ready to break new ground for what will become the new norm of mobile gaming? We are looking for a seasoned Backend Developer to join our skilled and highly effective team in Helsinki, Finland. We may be open to remote for the right profile.
This is an exciting next step for an experienced backend engineer who is ready to tackle fun and intriguing challenges on the server-side of real-time multiplayer game development. You will play an integral role in developing and maintaining the foundation for a groundbreaking social MMO whilst solving complex problems. We have developed our own back end and you will be working with an interesting tech stack.
You will design solutions based around AWS infrastructure and write high-quality, scalable code mainly in Elixir. You’ll be passionate about functional programming, solid code design, investigating emerging web technologies, and building highly scalable back-end services.
- Be the expert in Elixir
- Utilize Elixir/OTP and Rust to create great performing distributed game servers
- Evaluate, implement and maintain features for our MMO backend
- Work closely with the team on the development roadmap
- Create and maintain coding standards, code reviews and performance benchmarks
- Create internal tools and templates for enabling the team to work more efficiently
- Distribute and share knowledge with the team in an inclusive manner
Our ideal candidate:
- Extensive experience in Elixir
- Scaling and experience in AWS
- Experience in Cloud architecture
- Experience in DevOps
- Experience in testing and design patterns
- Extensive architecture experience; understanding and ability to communicate and present it clearly
- Able to do and communicate tech design
- Understanding of tech dependencies in the roadmap
- Able to lead and mentor a team
- Up to date knowledge of technology
- Deep interest and expertise in functional programming
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Stays on top of the latest developments in the field
- Passion for games
What we offer
- An interesting and groundbreaking project
- Passionate, fun & start-up minded colleagues
- Collaborative, open-minded and international team
- Relocation assistance
- Fair compensation & benefits
- We offer the opportunity to work fully remote or in our Helsinki based office or a mixture of the two
- Possibilities to develop in your role and skills, be the architect of your own path
- Due to the exceptional situation in the world, we are in remote work mode. To make your home office as comfortable as possible, we provide all of the needed hardware and software for you to be at your best during these times. We’ve also come up with great ways to stay connected with the team, even when we’re apart.
We cannot wait for what you have in store for us!