Lead Audio Designer (Vanguard) REMEDY ENTERTAINMENT / Helsinki, Finland or Stockholm, Sweden
PUBLISHED: June 30, 2022
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally® and one of the leading independent game studios in the world is looking for a Lead Audio Designer to create high quality gaming experiences working on an exciting new multiplayer game.
Are you passionate about creating memorable gaming experiences through a well-balanced mix of compelling narrative and intense action?
As Lead Audio Designer at Remedy you will be responsible of ensuring that the audio fidelity, integration and audio pipeline are of the highest possible standard and serve the game vision
In this role you will work closely with all departments building and defining how the game audio should be done. At the same time, you will have the support and assistance of our other audio leads and the development team as a whole.
We enthusiastically welcome diverse viewpoints and backgrounds. We at Remedy value and are committed to ensuring an inclusive and safe work environment for all our team members.
What you get to do
- In this role you will be working with the project team on designing and integrating how the audio sounds, is produced and integrated into the game.
- As a project audio team lead, you will also work together with other cross-functional teams on designing game features, from the conception of a project to ensuring the audio fidelity and technical integrity of the shipping titles.
- You will closely collaborate with other disciplines like level design, game design, VFX, animation, programming, to create an emotional and high-quality experience for the players.
- You will share your knowledge and experiences with the audio craft as a whole and will collaborate with the other audio leads to ensure the craft runs smoothly across all projects.
What you bring to the role
- You are experienced and enjoy working as part of a team both as a lead and as a collaborator.
- You will evangelize the audio vision for the project.
- You are comfortable working with different game engines, having experience with game engine editors, and you are very familiar with software development processes.
- You are highly skilled with modern DAWs and sound editors such as Reaper and RX etc.
- You thrive working in a team environment, sharing ideas and learning from others. You are used to collaborate with other development teams across different departments.
What is in it for you?
- At Remedy you get to work on awesome, memorable gaming experiences for our players, in a studio where your input is valued and your creative freedom is encouraged.
- We work in an environment that values both individual and teamwork, ensuring that everyone’s voice is heard & workload stays sensible. We believe in and support work-life balance. Happy people work better!
- We offer an extensive set of employee benefits and an annual bonus system as well as opportunities for you to develop your skills further. On top of this, in Finland and Sweden you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation, in addition to public holidays and other special occasions.
- Our studio is based in Helsinki metropolitan area in Finland, a safe country with exceptional quality of life, free education and pristine nature at your doorstep. If you’re not already in Finland, our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else!
- If you are based in Sweden, we also welcome candidates to our new location in Stockholm.
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV (English), work references/portfolio and other information relevant to the position. This position will be filled as soon as suitable applicants are found.