Lead Artist NEXT GAMES / Helsinki
PUBLISHED: July 2, 2021
Are you a seasoned veteran of the business and a connoisseur of game art that draws your creativity from a well of inspiration? Are you a person that wants to empower others around you? And can you communicate complex ideas in a format that everyone can understand in a confident way? If your answer is yes, then you might be the person we are looking for!
We are looking for a Lead Artist who’s passion is to follow the trends and learn the new tricks in the trade whilst leading your discipline and navigating your team through the game’s development steps. Your daily responsibilities rely on excellent time management and communication skills. You will be communicating with all disciplines and externals while navigating prioritization of your discipline’s tasks to meet the goals of the whole project. Your advanced understanding of different art production techniques will give you the confidence to make the right decisions.
If you have the wide skillset we are looking for, this is a unique opportunity to work with some of the world’s most well-known IPs such as The Walking Dead and Blade Runner with other talented and experienced developers.
- You have experience in an art lead position
- You have been supporting responsibilities and feedback loops
- You possess good time management skills
- You have an understanding of Artistic Vision, IP and Brand
- You are a natural and comfortable communicator
- You will work closely with Producer / Product Owner / Other discipline leads
- You will manage and evaluate the need for outsourced work and feedback loops
- You have an understanding of the discipline with an ability to make informed decisions for the team
- You are able to identify when you need to delegate work to others
- You have a solid grasp of the discipline overview and the ability to track the latest innovations
- You are able to evaluate company needs from a discipline perspective
Our core values – Caring, Curiosity, and Courage – guide us in our efforts, so these should be close to your heart as well. We aim high here at Next Games and will ask you to do the same. In exchange, you’ll be part of a team that is great to work with, who is dedicated and passionate about what we do – we believe passion is contagious. Giving each Nextgamer the tools and means to succeed in their job is our priority. We believe the fruits of our labor should be shared with everyone at Next Games. We offer the opportunity to work with a diverse bunch of passionate and dedicated people, a competitive salary and benefits package, but first and foremost a big challenge.
Does this sound like you? Send your CV and cover letter through the application link as soon as possible.
We will get back to you as soon as possible, but at the latest in the mid of August when our teams have fully returned from their summer holidays.