Lead AI Programmer MAINFRAME INDUSTRIES / Helsinki / Reykjavik
PUBLISHED: October 11, 2021
At Mainframe we are building a living world that people will call their home for years and hopefully decades. This world lives in the cloud and will through the years of its operations, become the setting for complex social drama that involves potentially millions of people around the clock and around the world.
Your mission and responsibilities
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to be an essential part of the game development team at Mainframe, developing a yet to be announced cloud native MMO game. You will implement systems for AI and pathfinding for dynamic open world environments, working closely with the design team to create a robust and scalable foundation for PvE gameplay and future content.
- You will implement a 3D pathfinding system that allows AI to navigate runtime in dynamic open environments.
- You will create environment aware AI behaviors to utilize the 3D pathfinding system.
- You will create a scalable data driven system for emergent gameplay encounters together with our design, tech and analytics team members.
Your role is based preferably in Helsinki or Reykjavik. We are open to working remotely but prefer to stay on the same time zones with our offices.
Some success indicators for your role
- You have a strong understanding of pathfinding solutions and you can implement an efficient pathfinding system that works with dynamic environments using Unreal Engine.
- You are familiar with AI behavior trees and you can implement data driven modular AI behaviors.
- You feel comfortable working together with multiple stakeholders. You understanding their needs and you communicate your solutions well.
We have a human-friendly, equal-opportunity workplace that values collaboration, independence, and empathy. We have our main offices in Reykjavik and Helsinki. Both our offices are centrally located and we offer you top of the line work conditions wherever you work.
We are a well funded pan-Nordic start-up founded in 2019. We are working on a project we love. Joining us now is an opportunity to make an impact on the game we develop and the company culture very early on.