Junior UI Programmer (Unity3D) Internship
PUBLISHED: December 15, 2017
PlayRaven is offering a 6-12 month internship program, taking place in our Helsinki studio. This is a great opportunity to start your career in the games industry and gain an experience you’ll never get in a classroom. You will get hands-on experience from working as a contributing team member on a mobile game project.
As a Junior UI Programmer trainee, you can expect to:
- Work with a senior technical lead to implement and maintain UI systems on mobile games.
- Work with UI/UX artists and designers to create slick and engaging user experiences.
- Develop practical solutions to graphical and layout issues.
- Develop tools to improve design and art workflows.
- Help to maintain a clean and optimized UI codebase.
The internship can lead to a permanent position.
- 2+ years experience programming C# in Unity.
- Experience creating UI for mobile.
- Good understanding of interface conventions and knowledge of current trends in mobile game UI.
- A strong interest in creating great player-focused UI experiences for mobile.
- Experience with agile development.
- Team player who is self-driven, with a positive attitude.
- Willing to learn and able to listen to feedback and to collaborate with others to evolve creative solutions.
- Comfortable communicating in English.
When applying please provide examples of work via GitHub or similar online portfolio.
PlayRaven values innovation, leanness, and transparency in all we do, while being a true family friendly company. We don’t crunch.
- Responsibility and independence, with the accountability that goes hand in hand
- Relaxed culture and atmosphere that doesn’t burn people
- Chance to learn from team members with years of game development experience
We believe in super talented small teams and you will be given the freedom and responsibility to make your game shine. We have released three games to date – all of which have gained top 10 download chart positions across the globe.
PlayRaven is a boutique game development studio employing an international team of hand-picked industry veterans with years of experience. PlayRaven has released three games to date, all of which have gained top 5 chart positions across the globe. As a studio, PlayRaven’s mission is to make games that no other studio has ever made before, and they have built the perfect team and culture to achieve just that.