Junior Server Engineer
PUBLISHED: August 8, 2018
WARGAMING, Helsinki, Finland
Wargaming’s mobile team in Helsinki is looking for a Junior Server Engineer to provide players with a seamless gameplay experience through a network of reliable tools and services. You’ll join a nimble team and sharing the goal of building an unrivaled set of back-end services and functionality that will be the basis of the tech behind Wargaming’s mobile products.
The Junior Server Engineer will report to the Lead Server Architect
What you will do:
- Work with the other server developers
- Implement, deploy, and maintain highly scalable and available back-ends for live games
- Deploy and improve upon game functionality common to multiple games in a reusable way
Who are you:
- Proven ability to be a team player
- A genuine passion for games
- Well established programming skills
- Strong desire to learn, develop and fine-tune your skill set
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Familiarity with our technologies such as Scala, AWS, DynamoDB (or similar ones)
- Experience developing servers or APIs
- Database experience (NoSQL or SQL)
- Knowledge of several different programming languages
- Familiarity with functional programming
What we offer at Wargaming Helsinki:
- Opportunity to work with an experienced, humble and nimble development team with one mission: Make. Legendary. Games.
- Great potential for and support for growth; attending events/meetups, opportunities and encouragement to test out new technologies as well as collaborating with experienced Wargamers across the world
- Autonomy and independence: take decisions without layers of management or bureaucracy
- You’ll be part of the international Wargaming ecosystem
- Competitive compensation and benefits plan
- Work in an open and friendly office environment in the center of Helsinki
- To learn more about our Helsinki Studio and what we are looking for in job applicants, have a look at this article: http://www.pocketgamer.biz/interview/67476/how-to-get-a-job-at-wargaming-helsinki/
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!