Junior Rigging Artist
PUBLISHED: October 30, 2018
REMEDY ENTERTAINMENT, Espoo
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally® and one of the leading independent game studios in the world is looking for an Junior Rigging Artist for a key role working on Remedy’s projects
We are looking for Junior Rigging Artist to help creating hyper-real game characters and digital assets. As a Rigging Artist you will be part of Remedy’s character technology team. You will be working with our cutting edge in-house pipeline and tools, creating character and asset rigs in collaboration with world-class artists and animators.
- Create, prototype and maintain high-quality character and prop rigs.
- Work in collaboration with character artists and animators to create high quality, responsive, animation-friendly rigs while keeping in mind optimization and runtime performance.
Requirements and qualifications
- Prior experience in game development
- Experience in creating character rigs
- Experience of 3D digital content creation packages (Maya/Motion Builder)
- Understanding of the human anatomy
- Excellent team work skills and ability to receive feedback
- Fast learner
- Clear verbal and written communication in English.
The ideal candidate will also have
- Modeling or animation experience in Maya, Mudbox, Z-Brush or Motion Builder
- Knowledge of Python scripting is a plus
- Character-related simulation experience
What is in it for you?
- Yes, you get to move to Finland where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable. Moving to a new country can be intimidating, but our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else.
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system.
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions.
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable.
To apply, please fill in the application form with your reel, CV and other information relevant to the position. The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.