We are passionate about being a gaming sector developer that offers its customers the world’s best gaming experience. Do you want to join us in building a gaming company that stands boldly at the forefront of the industry?
Veikkaus employs a wide range of gaming and digital sector professionals: service architects, software developers, digital marketing experts, data scientists, quality assurance experts.… Veikkaus has its own game studio that designs and develops new games and gaming innovations. You can find these, for example, on Finland’s largest B2C e-commerce site veikkaus.fi.
Join us and grow as a professional. We offer exciting career opportunities and employee benefits. We are genuinely invested in being a responsible employer able to offer competitive employee benefits and a healthy work-life balance. We are also motivated each day by the fact that our gaming profits are directed towards good causes, one billion euros annually of opportunities for a better life.
(Junior) Game Artist, Summer job
Veikkaus has a compact yet versatile Game Studio full of dedicated professionals who are passionate about the games we make and conscious of the social aspects of our work.
Since we don’t really do crunch or overtime and are in no risk of running out of work, we need more friends to work with. Thus, we would very much like to add a visual generalist (or, you know, a talented individual that has skills we need) to our ranks.
We are looking for a talented person with a great attitude for next summer. The job is full-time and fixed-term. The duration is 3 to 6 months between April and September, depending on what fits you best.
You will be part of a small team where you – along with other artists, programmers and a producer – work together to design and create games with great visuals, animations, effects and feel. The position will be perfect for junior to intermediate skillset.
- Benefits of a large company with advantages of a smaller game studio
- Relaxed atmosphere and awesome co-workers
- Possibility and active encouragement to broaden your skillset
Your responsibilities will be
- Together with your team define and design game’s visual look and mechanics within given specifications.
- Creating art assets within agreed upon artistic style and guidelines. You and your team will be responsible for producing all game assets.
- Ownership in the scheduling and meeting of deadlines, both daily and project-wide.
- Communicating and co-operation with producers and the rest of your team in turning your ideas into brilliant games.
- Interest in designing and developing games
- Proven track record from previous 2D arts (digital paint/vector)
- Excellent digital painting skills and visual eye
- Ability to mimic chosen art style and create new concepts and final assets in that style
- Capability to produce high quality work with fast turnaround times
- Work well as a part of a team; eagerness to take initiative and willingness to take responsibility. You actively seek and give feedback and assist your fellow co-workers in their work.
Considered a plus
- Previous experience as an (game) artist
- 3D skills
- User-driven mindset
- 2D animation skills (Spine)
The job will require tight on-site teamwork. Our office is located in Pohjois-Haaga, Helsinki, Finland.
Please send your application with your CV, portfolio and salary request included. The application period closes on February 21st, 2020 but apply now because we cannot wait to meet you! The position will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate is found.
For more information feel free to contact Game Development Manager Jussi Ronkainen (email@example.com) for any questions you may have!
See also https://youtu.be/lBRXsPYMkVc