Junior Environment Artist
PUBLISHED: June 11, 2018
REMEDY ENTERTAINMENT, Espoo
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally® and one of the leading independent game studios in the world is looking for a Junior Environment Artist to be part of Remedy’s projects.
As a Junior Environment Artist you’ll be supporting the level creation teams. We’ll offer you the chance to learn from professional artists and be part of our long established team experienced in shipping AAA games.
- Create and modify props
- Integrate assets in-game by using our in-house tools
- Communicate effectively with other team members
Requirements and qualifications
- Proven ability to create great looking game-ready assets and able to demonstrate that in a portfolio
- Strong low and high poly modelling skills using 3Ds Max/Maya or equivalent software
- Good knowledge of Substance Designer and Painter
- Experience using level editors
- Clear verbal and written communication in English
- Proactive, self-motivated and a fast learner.
- A ‘can do’ attitude
- A passion for games
What is in it for you?
- Yes, you get to move to Finland where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable. Moving to a new country can be intimidating, but our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else.
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system.
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions.
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the workload sensible, so your contributions feel valuable.
To apply, please fill in the application form with your portfolio, CV and other information relevant to the position. Please note that for us to be able to evaluate your application, a portfolio (or link to one) needs to be attached to the application.
Start date for this role is during June/July 2018. The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.