Junior Data Analyst SERIOUSLY / Helsinki, Finland
PUBLISHED: November 10, 2020
Are you passionate about games, data analytics and dashboards? If you said “yes!”, we’d love to hear from you!
We are looking for a Junior Data Analyst to join our Product & Analysis team (Helsinki office). We hope you like playing games and want to understand their economy, mechanics and pacing. We expect you to be a motivated, curious self-starter who is ready to hit the ground running in an energetic environment, where everybody pulls their weight, where every idea is valued, and where, if we get it right, we might just conquer the globe.
Your work will focus on analysing Best Fiends Stars player data. You’ll enable data-driven decision making in game development and gameplay, which helps make the game even more fun to play.
What does the ride include?
- Work closely with product leads and our other data team members by analysing the game’s data to identify key areas for growth and improvement
- Come up with relevant game related questions and hypothesis
- Help planning A/B tests, analyze results, and suggest next steps
- Use large data sets to model and draw conclusions about player behaviour
- Share results with the team and company through reports, interactive documents, dashboards, and presentations
- Enable the product team to be aware of all the latest changes in metrics
What does it take to sign up for the race?
- Big ambition and interest towards data analysis and game development → digging deep into the data, understanding the player and developing on that area
- Some experience in data visualisation or exploratory data analysis using BI tools
- Understanding of statistics concepts e.g. hypothesis testing and regression analysis
- Strong communication skills, as well as written and verbal presentation skills
What would make us amazed?
- Knowledge and experience in querying data using SQL
- Work experience in the mobile/social/free-to-play gaming space
- Coding experience in R or Python and the related data analysis and web application packages
We offer you a steady, transparent working environment, not to mention free apples in the kitchen! We dare to say that we are one of the most successful gaming companies in Finland so with us you surely are working with the best on the field! If you feel you´re up for the challenge, please apply to our team of two as soon as possible as we’ll fill the position as soon as we find the right candidate.
About Seriously Digital Entertainment
We are building mobile games that become entertainment properties. We are passionate about great storytelling, unique characters, desperate conflict and unlikely heroes. We are inspired to build brands that can give back to the world.
We are in this because we are driven to make great games. We want to make games that keep you playing, in the blue glow of your phone until the small hours. Games that stay in the back of your head through the day and games that you want to fire up quickly for just one more round during your lunch break.