Junior Cinematic Scripter
PUBLISHED: June 10, 2019
REMEDY ENTERTAINMENT, Espoo
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally® and one of the leading independent game studios in the world is looking for Junior Cinematic Scripter for a project-based contract
- Implement reference video edits as real-time cinematics in the game engine using proprietary scripting and timeline editing tools.
- Collaborate with teams such as Level Design, Environment Art, Audio etc. to ensure that the cinematics you implement blend seamlessly into the game context.
- Debug potential problems in and around cinematics.
- Ensure that consistent communication is maintained, in all directions, to guarantee the quality of the game.
- Provide accurate time estimations for tasks and meet production deadlines.
Requirements and qualifications
- Experience in game development.
- Experience working with scripting languages (Lua, C# etc.).
- Understanding of film language and basic photo/cinematography principles.
- Self-motivated and proactive with a dedication to improving your craft.
- Excellent problem solving skills combined with a great team player attitude.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (in English).
The ideal candidate will also have
- Passion for creating compelling narrative experiences.
- Experience with video editing in NLE software such as Vegas/Premiere/etc.
- Experience with motion capture workflows.
- Background in film/video.
What is in it for you?
- Yes, you get to move to Finland where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable.
- Moving to a new country can be intimidating, but our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else.
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system.
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions.
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable.