JAVA DEVELOPER – Monetization
PUBLISHED: January 11, 2018
UNITY TECHNOLOGIES FINLAND, Helsinki
In Helsinki, you’ll be using technology like machine learning, micro-services and messaging-based architecture on a scale you won’t see many other places. Essentially, you’ll be doing what Google does on the web (only you’ll be doing it in games). What’s more, your work will have a positive impact. It will help creators get paid for all their hard work by powering ads in hundreds of thousands of games. And it will give people the option to play for free by putting those ads in front of close to one billion gamers.
We are looking for an experienced Java Developer to work with the Finance projects in Unity Monetization team located in Helsinki. To qualify, you should have a solid background in software development, preferably in positions where you’ve already had to take initiative and make decisions on how things are done.
Our technology stack is built to create solid products that allow us to operate in a high-volume environment. Stability, quality, and robustness of code are requirements in our development environment, as our advertising network reaches millions of game players each day. Our teams take the lead and responsibility in designing and developing solutions that enables us to scale towards the future and meet the customer requirements. The model of continuous deployment enables us to move fast with small iterations and base most of our decisions on data.
Rather than requiring a specific technology, we value experienced, versatile people with a broad range of projects and solutions under their belt. Also, you should like bad jokes.
Our tech stack
- Services with Java 1.8 and Spring Boot. Understanding of Node.JS and GO is a huge plus.
- Messaging with NATS & Kafka
- Databases selected by fit for purpose (we use: PostgreSQL, Redis, MongoDB, Cassandra, Redshift, Druid, Aerospike)
How we work
- Agile environment
- Highly autonomous teams
- Continuous deployment with multiple deployments to production per day
What’s in it for you
- Design, develop new services and improve our existing ones in the area of Finance
- Work with the QA team to ensure high-quality delivery with unit and integration tests
- Ensure service scalability through effective code and data storage design
What does it take
- Solid experience in software development
- Being able to clearly communicate your ideas, solutions and talk about them with the team
- Understanding of how different data storage engines work and what are the limitations (SQL, NoSQL, key-value -stores)
- Strong collaboration and communication skills in English
What you also get
- A kick-ass environment at the heart of Helsinki
- Generous health care package and sick child care service
- Massage every other week and endless usage of a massage chair
- A music room made for those who are or want to become rock stars
- Social events, parties and global hack events for tech savvy employees
- Free rental of PS4 and Xbox consoles and games
- The chance to play floorball, badminton and table tennis
- A workplace where opinions are valued, the chance to work with the coolest technologies and an opportunity to be part of changing the mobile gaming industry
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.