IT Site Manager
PUBLISHED: September 16, 2020
REDLYNX, Helsinki, Finland
Are you passionate about games? Do you want to be part of a world-class international game development team with true professionals in a fun atmosphere? At Ubisoft RedLynx we break boundaries. How about you?
We’re Ubisoft RedLynx, a game development studio located in Helsinki, one of the world’s top cities to live in. We bring console/PC and mobile game development under one roof with an ambitious team of over 150 people of 20+ different nationalities. Along with our popular Trials series, the action-packed South Park: Phone Destroyer and Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 for Google Stadia, we have developed and published more than 100 games. As one of the biggest and long-standing game studios in Finland, we want to surprise people with the unexpected and create impactful game experiences that stand the test of time.
We’re part of Ubisoft, a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services. We’re surrounded by 18,000+ enthusiastic experts tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond. Belonging to the Ubisoft family brings tons of benefits, including vast resources and support, plus the opportunity to collaborate on exciting projects with high production value.
We are looking for an
IT Site Manager
To deliver great games, we need the very best support organization that ensures that everything is working perfectly. As our IT Site Manager, you are responsible for the quality of the IT services at Ubisoft RedLynx and will plan, lead, and be involved in all IT-related tasks at the studio. You will be leading and developing a team of IT Technicians who maintain the IT infrastructure of the studio, and provide support to end-users on applications and associated hardware. You are also responsible for the budgeting and purchases of hardware and software, and you will report both to the Studio Manager and the IT Regional Manager.
We are looking for a driven and solution-oriented manager who excels in transforming opportunities into success. You will persistently ensure high-quality support services, and the smooth and efficient operation of your team is your number one goal. You will also continually develop IT support processes and lead development projects in collaboration with the Ubisoft IT teams.
We will offer you an opportunity to become part of a growing and developing studio and take our IT support processes to the next level. Our work environment is unique, where we are very focused and competent, but not without forgetting to have fun. You will have a very independent and responsible role in our studio but you won’t be alone. You will a part of a Ubisoft wide network of IT professionals and you have the opportunity to get ideas and benchmarks from numerous other locations.
- Leading the maintenance and development of the IT infrastructure of the RedLynx studio in alignment with the Ubisoft global IT strategy
- Managing and developing IT support processes to drive reliable and efficient services to end-users
- Implementing and delivering global Ubisoft IT initiatives in our studio
- Developing your team in terms of processes, expertise and performance
- Prioritizing and managing your team’s day-to-day activities
- Creating and following up on a budget in your area of responsibility with the local finance team
- Providing quality reporting on operational tasks and status of support, budget and inventory
- Gathering feedback from representatives of all projects & studio management to make sure support is in line with expectations
- Planning and managing local IT projects
- Acting as the key contact for stakeholders within our studio and towards Ubisoft network, advocating the studio’s interests within the global Ubisoft IT organization
- You are also able to perform all the tasks of an IT Technician as needed (for example on-site support to end-users and supporting local studio events)
Our dream candidate
- Has previous experience in managing a team and great leadership skills
- Expertise in PC and laptop support and knowledge of the latest hardware news
- Very strong knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and the Microsoft Office suite
- Good knowledge of MacOS, networking, cabling, Active Directory, and network shares
- Knowledge of Cisco IOS, Linux and printers. Knowledge of multimedia equipment as well as scripting ability (batch files, Perl, PowerShell) is a plus
- Knows how to positively influence others and communicates with assertiveness and impact
- Has high standards and always strives for excellence
- Easily challenges the status quo and finds new ways of doing things
- Has a solution-oriented mindset and is a problem solver
- Enthusiasm for games!
What are you waiting for? Please send your application and CV with your salary expectations. The application period closes on 6th of October but apply now because we can’t wait to meet you! And if you are still thinking if to apply or not, explore what Ubisoft RedLynx has to offer.