Senior Animation Programmer HOUSEMARQUE / Helsinki, Finland
PUBLISHED: February 17, 2022
Housemarque is looking for a Senior Animation Programmer for our next big game!
Housemarque is looking to hire a new member of our programming team who specializes in 3D animation systems. Our latest game Returnal was lauded for its high visual fidelity, in particular our iconic protagonist and unique alien creatures. For our next game project, we are seeking an experienced programmer with the expertise and passion to architect, develop and maintain our core systems related to 3D character animation. You will have significant freedom and decision-making power as you fulfill the responsibilities and work with professionals across all disciplines to deliver lifelike, immersive characters.
Senior Animation Programmer’s responsibilities include:
- Evaluating 3D animation systems to determine how to provide the best workflow for our team and best results in our games
- Building and maintaining core 3D animation systems
- Working with animators and gameplay programmers to help them deliver game characters at the highest visual quality
- Sharing expertise with other members of the team
We expect you to have:
- 5+ years of 3D game development experience
- At least one shipped game where you had significant responsibility for 3D animation programming
- Fluent C++ coding skills
- Fluent written and verbal English skills
- An eye for animation visual quality
- Experience with Unreal Engine
- A proactive interest in animation technology and state-of-the-art tools and methods
- Knowledge of Maya -side of animations and scripting
- Passion in video games
At Housemarque, we believe “Game is King!” because gameplay always comes first.
With technical excellence and compelling narrative, spiced with our trademark neon flair and top-notch audiovisual feedback, we want our players to always feel actively engaged with the worlds we have created for them.
Our latest Award-Winning game Returnal, released on PS5 in 2021, embraces all these qualities. THIS is our DNA!
We value Nordic work-life balance by growing sustainably and ensuring our employees have the time and means to develop personally and professionally during work time.
If you wish to join us for our next journey, apply today!
What we offer to you?
- Competitive salary, benefits, healthcare, Nordic work-life balance
- Tailored immigration and relocation package to help you get settled into Finland
- A warm and welcoming atmosphere at our cozy Helsinki office
- Freedom, flexibility and openness in a collaborative culture
- Brilliant, diverse and empathetic colleagues to work with
- Exciting and ambitious projects executed with the best tools
- Access to Playstation Studios collaboration, games and more!
This is a permanent, full-time position based in Helsinki, Finland.
We will start interviewing promising candidates immediately so please apply as soon as possible.