Lead Level Artist HOUSEMARQUE / Helsinki, Finland
PUBLISHED: May 20, 2022
Housemarque is looking for a Lead Level Artist for our next big game!
As the lead of our talented and passionate environment art team behind RETURNAL you will work closely with the Art Director and Concept, Lighting, Tech Art and VFX Leads to help drive the next evolution of Housemarque games.
Lead Level Artist’s responsibilities:
- Guide the team to create benchmark environments that inspire and set visual direction
- Give clear, effective, collaborative, and timely feedback with Art Director & other Leads
- Prioritise, plan and organise the work with the team (Agile/LeSS)
- Seek to improve and maintain good work methods and development pipelines
- Other lead responsibilities, such as 1-on-1’s with team members
- Cross-team collaboration (tech art, design, VFX etc)
We expect you to have:
- 5+ years of experience as a Level/Environment Artist in AAA games, with preferably some experience in a lead role
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Strong prioritization and multitasking abilities
- Passion for art and willingness to learn new workflows and share knowledge
- Fluent spoken and written English
We also value:
- Experience in game art asset creation in a variety of software packages e.g. Zbrush, 3D Studio Max, Photoshop and Substance Painter
- Understanding of materials and PBR
- Experience with JIRA and other Project Management Tools
- Experience with Unreal Engine
- Experience with Houdini
- Experience with Agile/Scrum development
- Experience in cinematography and/or photography
At Housemarque, we believe “Game is King!” because gameplay always comes first.
With technical excellence and compelling narrative, spiced with our trademark neon flair and top-notch audiovisual feedback, we want our players to always feel actively engaged with the worlds we have created for them.
Our latest Award-Winning game Returnal, released on PS5 in 2021, embraces all these qualities. THIS is our DNA!
We value Nordic work-life balance by growing sustainably and ensuring our employees have the time and means to develop personally and professionally during work time.
If you wish to join us for our next journey, apply today!
What we offer to you?
- Competitive salary, benefits, healthcare, Nordic work-life balance
- Tailored immigration and relocation package to help you get settled into Finland
- A warm and welcoming atmosphere at our cozy Helsinki office
- Freedom, flexibility and openness in a collaborative culture
- Brilliant, diverse and empathetic colleagues to work with
- Exciting and ambitious projects executed with the best tools
- Access to Playstation Studios collaboration, games and more!
This is a permanent, full-time position based in Helsinki, Finland.
We will start interviewing promising candidates immediately so please apply as soon as possible.