Lead Character Artist HOUSEMARQUE / Helsinki, Finland
PUBLISHED: May 20, 2022
We are looking for a Lead Character Artist for our next big game!
Housemarque is looking for an experienced 3D Character Artist to lead our character art team as a Lead Character Artist! Together with your team you will shape and build the in-engine visuals of characters for our next game.
Our ideal candidate is someone with an exceptional understanding of form, shape and anatomy, as well as a sharp eye for texture color and details. We are looking for a leader ready to mentor and support a team to produce the best character visuals for the game. We hope you can guide and rely on your experience to push the character team boundaries forward technically and artistically.
What will your day-to-day look like?
- Working closely with the Art Director, Art Manager and Concept Artists to develop and maintain a consistent visual direction.
- Participating in defining tools and art production pipelines while understanding the advantages and limitations of technology to maximize the output quality.
- Manage and mentor a team of artists, ensuring that each has clear and actionable tasks, goals, and regular constructive feedback.
- Collaborate with other departments to perfect workflows and technologies and improve the content creation process.
- Team management responsibilities such as mentoring, documentation, support and review process.
What will help you to be successful in this role?
- Experience in Senior or Lead Artist (Character/3D) role in the games industry and at least one shipped AAA title.
- Excellent knowledge of 2D and 3D softwares (Maya/ZBrush/Substance/Marvelous…) with interest in new technologies and the future of the industry.
- Strong artistic and anatomicals skills.
- Problem solving attitude and ability to drive change and inspire others to generate new ideas.
- Experience with Unreal Engine or similar (Frostbite, CryEngine, etc.)
- Ability to work with Tech Art and Animation to shape a cross-discipline pipeline.
- Fluent written and verbal English skills.
- Passion in video games.
- Traditional art skills are a plus.
At Housemarque, we believe “Game is King!” because gameplay always comes first.
With technical excellence and compelling narrative, spiced with our trademark neon flair and top-notch audiovisual feedback, we want our players to always feel actively engaged with the worlds we have created for them.
Our latest Award-Winning game Returnal, released on PS5 in 2021, embraces all these qualities. THIS is our DNA!
We value Nordic work-life balance by growing sustainably and ensuring our employees have the time and means to develop personally and professionally during work time.
If you wish to join us for our next journey, apply today!
What we offer to you?
- Competitive salary, benefits, healthcare, Nordic work-life balance
- Tailored immigration and relocation package to help you get settled into Finland
- A warm and welcoming atmosphere at our cozy Helsinki office
- Freedom, flexibility and openness in a collaborative culture
- Brilliant, diverse and empathetic colleagues to work with
- Exciting and ambitious projects executed with the best tools
- Access to Playstation Studios collaboration, games and more!
This is a permanent, full-time position based in Helsinki, Finland.
We will start interviewing promising candidates immediately so please apply as soon as possible.