Audio Lead HOUSEMARQUE / Helsinki, Finland
PUBLISHED: May 20, 2022
We are looking for an Audio Lead for our next big game!
As the Audio Lead for the talented and passionate team behind RETURNAL you will work closely with the creative director, narrative director, codev partners and other team members to help drive the next evolution of Housemarque games. It will be your role to ensure audio excellence and quality across the game, and champion the artistic vision of the project.
What will your day-to-day look like?
- Leading the Audio with Playstation Studios across the sound design, music and use of audio across the entire game experience
- Supporting audio design by assisting with technical setup and other support when required
- Creating audio prototypes and documentation to guide audio teams and project
- Seeking to improve and maintain good work methods and development pipelines
- Cross-team collaboration (level art, design, VFX, audio etc) to combine all elements
What will help you to be successful in this role?
- 5+ years of experience as an Audio Designer in AAA games, with preferably some experience in a lead role
- Passion for sound design, music and storytelling
- Understanding of workflows for the creation of world class audio
- Deep understanding of Unreal Engine or other game engines
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Strong prioritization and time management skills
- Fluent spoken and written English
At Housemarque, we believe “Game is King!” because gameplay always comes first.
With technical excellence and compelling narrative, spiced with our trademark neon flair and top-notch audiovisual feedback, we want our players to always feel actively engaged with the worlds we have created for them.
Our latest Award-Winning game Returnal, released on PS5 in 2021, embraces all these qualities. THIS is our DNA!
We value Nordic work-life balance by growing sustainably and ensuring our employees have the time and means to develop personally and professionally during work time.
If you wish to join us for our next journey, apply today!
What we offer to you?
- Competitive salary, benefits, healthcare, Nordic work-life balance
- Tailored immigration and relocation package to help you get settled into Finland
- A warm and welcoming atmosphere at our cozy Helsinki office
- Freedom, flexibility and openness in a collaborative culture
- Brilliant, diverse and empathetic colleagues to work with
- Exciting and ambitious projects executed with the best tools
- Access to Playstation Studios collaboration, games and more!
This is a permanent, full-time position based in Helsinki, Finland.
We will start interviewing promising candidates immediately so please apply as soon as possible.