PUBLISHED: October 17, 2018
HOUSEMARQUE, Helsinki, Finland
Housemarque is looking for a Writer for an unannounced AAA project!
Housemarque has a track record of 20+ years of developing top-notch games with focus on tight gameplay, impeccable audiovisual execution, and technical excellence.
We think we are a perfect workplace for talented people with interest in self-development and passion for games. We are working on exceptional new projects and we want you to play a part in making them happen.
Our company’s purpose is to:
- Be a great workplace, where people can develop professionally and as a person as well
- Develop games that bring joy and happiness to our gamers and fans
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Extensive health insurance
- Annual sports and cultural allowance
- A job with flexibility, responsibility and challenge
- Cool place to work with highly skilled professionals and fellow gamers
- All the help you need with relocation if you are moving to Finland from abroad
We’re looking for a writer who understands story structure, drama and interactive storytelling, and is familiar with the particular challenges and opportunities present when writing for games. The ideal candidate has written professionally on at least one shipped AAA game title and has a proven ability to craft meaningful stories that resonate with a broad range of players.
- Collaborate closely with our creative director, artists and designers to create a rich, compelling narrative for a AAA experience.
- Represent the narrative department to ensure new designs and art assets conform to pre-existing narrative, and generate narrative to support new design and art choices.
- Generate outlines, story treatments, character descriptions, scene breakdowns, and other support materials to advance the narrative vision.
- Identify narrative problems and brainstorm creative solutions with your peers.
- You have worked on at least one shipped AAA title.
- You have worked on at least one shipped AAA game title.
- Ability to adapt style to match the project’s current tone and character voices.
- Ability to write creative characters, dialogue, scenes and world-building.
- Comfortable working with both high-level synopses and low-level details, as required.
- Willing to accept and provide constructive feedback and work through multiple iterations.
- Solid understanding of game design fundamentals and game development practices.
- Excellent communication skills in spoken and written English.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Willing to relocate to Finland for the duration of the contract.
- Professional experience writing creatively for games, TV, film, theatre, comics, novels, or related media.
- An understanding of visual storytelling, camera techniques and mise-en-scène.
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS:
- Submit your current resume and writing sample
- Writing sample can be game writing, screenplays or short fiction.