Senior Level Designer
PUBLISHED: February 1, 2019
HOUSEMARQUE, Helsinki, Finland
Housemarque is looking for a Senior Level Designer for an unannounced AAA project!
Housemarque has a track record of 20+ years of developing top-notch games with focus on tight gameplay, impeccable audiovisual execution, and technical excellence.
We think we are a perfect workplace for talented people with interest in self-development and passion for games. We are working on exceptional new projects and we want you to play a part in making them happen.
Our company’s purpose is to:
- Be a great workplace, where people can develop professionally and as a person
- Develop great games that bring joy & happiness to gamers and our fans
- Exciting and ambitious projects executed with the best tools
- Over two decades of experience in video game development
- Brilliant, diverse and empathetic colleagues to work with
- Freedom, flexibility and openness in a collaborative culture
- A warm and welcoming atmosphere at our cozy Helsinki office
- Competitive salary, benefits, healthcare, Nordic work-life balance
- Tailored relocation package to help you get settled into Finland
Housemarque is seeking highly motivated Senior Level Designer to join our studio. You are passionate about games and the craft of Level Design. You take initiative and find creative solutions to complex problems. You are creative, team-spirited and result oriented.
- Design 3D layouts and work with Programming and Art to create fun experiences
- Create exciting experiences using an array of game mechanics
- Plan, execute and refine your levels from high-level concept to low-level scripting
- Be the point of contact facilitating communication between Level Design and other disciplines
- Contribute to all aspects of game design
- 5+ years’ experience in the games industry working in a level design capacity, shipping at least one title
- Proficiency with modern game editors such as UE4, CryEngine, Source or equivalent
- Experience in using Unreal Blueprints
- Understand the role of pacing, narrative, theme and mechanics in creating compelling gameplay experiences
- Clear understanding and appreciation of schedules and milestones
- Level Design experience on AAA title
- Proficient in using a 3D modelling package such as Maya
- Mod community experience
- Architecture background
- Experience working on games with action elements