Senior Game Designer
PUBLISHED: July 31, 2019
HOUSEMARQUE, Helsinki, Finland
Housemarque is looking for a Senior Game Designer for an unannounced AAA project!
Housemarque has a track record of 20+ years of developing top-notch games with focus on tight gameplay, impeccable audiovisual execution, and technical excellence.
We think we are a perfect workplace for talented people with interest in self-development and passion for games. We are working on exceptional new projects and we want you to play a part in making them happen.
Our company’s purpose is to:
- Be a great workplace, where people can develop professionally and as a person
- Develop great games that bring joy & happiness to gamers and our fans
- Exciting and ambitious projects executed with the best tools
- Over two decades of experience in video game development
- Brilliant, diverse and empathetic colleagues to work with
- Freedom, flexibility and openness in a collaborative culture
- A warm and welcoming atmosphere at our cozy Helsinki office
- Competitive salary, benefits, healthcare, Nordic work-life balance
- Tailored relocation package to help you get settled into Finland
Our ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of what’s fun and not fun – and why. Senior Game Designer’s tasks will be focusing in designing, tweaking, and optimizing the player experience. You get to work with highly talented team making Housemarque’s most ambitious game to this date.
- Design, oversee and implement systems for players experience; from traditional feedback and control systems to mini-games, action beats, weapons and role-playing mechanics
- Take ownership of multiple game systems and drive them to final quality
- Prototype new ideas and systems with existing tools
- Contribute to the overall game design
- 3+ years of experience shipping AAA console, PC, or mobile titles in design roles
- Experience with modern game editors such as UE4, CryEngine, Source or equivalent
- Must have some programming or scripting experience
- Ability to conceptualize, prototype, and iterate on features
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative, interdisciplinary, iterative environment, while delivering under deadlines and time constraints
- Ability to accept constructive feedback, ability to listen
- Excellent communication and critical thinking skills; ability to identify and solve key problems creatively with minimal guidance
- Experience in a non-design development role (Artist, Animator, Audio, Engineer, etc…)
- 3Cs experience (Character, Controls, Camera)
- Excellent knowledge of video games
- Extensive interests outside of games