PUBLISHED: October 17, 2018
HOUSEMARQUE, Helsinki, Finland
Housemarque is looking for a Senior Animator for an unannounced AAA project!
Housemarque has a track record of 20+ years of developing top-notch games with focus on tight gameplay, impeccable audiovisual execution, and technical excellence.
We think we are a perfect workplace for talented people with interest in self-development and passion for games. We are working on exceptional new projects and we want you to play a part in making them happen.
Our company’s purpose is to:
- Be a great workplace, where people can develop professionally and as a person as well
- Develop games that bring joy and happiness to our gamers and fans
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Extensive health insurance
- Annual sports and cultural allowance
- A job with flexibility, responsibility and challenge
- Cool place to work with highly skilled professionals and fellow gamers
- All the help you need with relocation if you are moving to Finland from abroad
As a Senior Animator your responsibility is to be in charge of the animating, the rigging and the implementing of the animations in the game engine.
We would kindly like to underline, that this position is suitable only for a firmly experienced animator. It is a huge plus, if the applicant would already know what a full modern development cycle demands and doesn’t need to be taught the basics of a modern game animation pipeline.
- At least 4 years of experience as an animator in a current generation console or PC game project AND at least one shipped title for any of the following platforms: PS4, XBOX One, Wii U, PC, Switch
- Experience in working or hobbying in any of the major game engines: Unreal 4, Unity, CryEngine, etc.
- Strong skills in at least one major animation software, but experience in Maya is strongly preferred
- Able to rig and skin on a modern game production level
- Art degree (BA, MA, etc.)
- 2D animation skills
- 3D modeling skills
- Mocap experience
- Experience in cutscene related tasks
- Facial rigging and animation experience
- Ability to draw down animation ideas, rough storyboards and thumbnails
- Strong understanding of animal locomotion
- Directing and/or storytelling skills
- Game hobby projects and game jam participations
- Knowledge of other game development skills (T-shaped employee)