Senior 3D Artist
PUBLISHED: January 4, 2018
HOUSEMARQUE, Helsinki, Finland
Housemarque is looking for a Senior 3D Artist!
Housemarque has a track record of 20+ years of developing top-notch games with focus on tight gameplay, impeccable audiovisual execution, and technical excellence.
We think we are a perfect workplace for talented people with interest in self-development and passion for games. We are working on exceptional unannounced projects and we want you to play a part in making them happen.
Our company’s purpose is to:
- Be a great workplace, where people can develop professionally and as a person as well
- Develop games that bring joy and happiness to our gamers and fans
- Competitive salary and benefits
- A job with flexibility, responsibility and challenge
- All the help you need with relocation if you are moving to Finland from abroad
- Cool place to work with highly skilled professionals and fellow gamers
- A workplace that takes cares of the employees and gives them the opportunity to develop and flourish both professionally and as a person
As a Senior 3D Artist you work as part of the art team, together with other artists and designers. You’ll develop great looking visuals that match the game vision and support the gameplay. Your main task is to do visual problem solving with designers, from smallest prop to biggest set piece. You’ll be able to creatively participate in all steps of the project, from early concept to final product. You have an ability to meet deadlines under tight schedules, willingness to receive direction and work closely with the team.
- At least 3-4 years of experience as game artist in a current generation console or a PC game project or at least one shipped title for any of the following platforms: PS4, Xbox One, Wii U, PC
- Good foundational skills of drawing and concepting ideas
- Advanced knowledge of Maya, Modo, Blender or any equivalent 3D modelling software
- Good knowledge of Zbrush
- Good high poly modelling skills
- Good understanding of low poly topology, retopology workflows and baking textures from high poly models
- Solves problems with visual design; fills in the gaps between concept art and modeling
- Solid experience in texturing models and good understanding of creating PBR textures
- Passion for art and willingness to learn new workflows and share the knowledge to other artists
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Art degree (BA MA, etc.)
- Experience with Substance Designer and Substance Painter
- Experience with Unreal engine
Press ‘Apply Now!’ for more info and how to apply!