Programmer / Senior Programmer
PUBLISHED: March 25, 2019
HOUSEMARQUE, Helsinki, Finland
Housemarque is looking for a Programmer or a Senior Progammer for an unannounced AAA project!
Housemarque has a track record of 20+ years of developing top-notch games with focus on tight gameplay, impeccable audiovisual execution, and technical excellence.
We think we are a perfect workplace for talented people with interest in self-development and passion for games. We are working on exceptional new projects and we want you to play a part in making them happen.
Our company’s purpose is to:
- Be a great workplace, where people can develop professionally and as a person
- Develop great games that bring joy & happiness to gamers and our fans
- Exciting and ambitious projects executed with the best tools
- Over two decades of experience in video game development
- Brilliant, diverse and empathetic colleagues to work with
- Freedom, flexibility and openness in a collaborative culture
- A warm and welcoming atmosphere at our cozy Helsinki office
- Competitive salary, benefits, healthcare, Nordic work-life balance
- Tailored relocation package to help you get settled into Finland
We’re looking for creative candidates that are one part Designer and two parts Programmer. You will be a major link between content creators, coders, and a central figure in the development process working on game mechanics and systems.
- Previous experience from game industry
- Strong C++ skills
- Strong game related math skills (vectors, matrices, trigonometry, etc)
- Experience designing and implementing gameplay systems and features for commercially released games
- Ability to easily collaborate and communicate with both engineers and non-technical people alike
- Knowledge and understanding of game design fundamentals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Good problem solving skills
- Prior experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Console or PC programming experience
- A strong passion for video games