PUBLISHED: June 29, 2018
HOUSEMARQUE, Helsinki, Finland
Housemarque is looking for a Narrative Designer for an unannounced AAA game!
Housemarque has a track record of 20+ years of developing top-notch games with focus on tight gameplay, impeccable audiovisual execution, and technical excellence.
We think we are a perfect workplace for talented people with interest in self-development and passion for games. We are working on exceptional unannounced projects and we want you to play a part in making them happen.
Our company’s purpose is to:
- Be a great workplace, where people can develop professionally and as a person as well
- Develop games that bring joy and happiness to our gamers and fans
- Competitive salary and benefits
- A job with flexibility, responsibility and challenge
- All the help you need with relocation if you are moving to Finland from abroad
- Cool place to work with highly skilled professionals and fellow gamers
- A workplace that takes cares of the employees and gives them the opportunity to develop and flourish both professionally and as a person
The Narrative Designer should have experience elegantly telling stories through gameplay and a deep understanding of recent games. The ideal candidate has acted as Narrative Designer on at least one shipped AAA game title.
- Collaborate with code, animation, art and audio to create narrative gameplay systems and narrative content.
- Act as a champion of story, characters, thematic coherence and narrative through gameplay across development.
- Take ownership of multiple narrative systems and drive them to final quality
- Identify narrative problems and brainstorm creative solutions with your peers.
- Minimum 3+ years of design experience on PC or console games.
- Has worked on projects throughout the entire production cycle, from conception through shipping.
- Proven experience on creating and implementing narrative game content and systems, preferably in a shipped AAA title.
- Experience with modern game editors such as UE4, CryEngine, Source or equivalent.
- Ability to conceptualize, prototype, and iterate on features at varying levels of detail.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills on a multi-disciplinary game development team, including a basic understanding of how other departments operate.
- Strong understanding of game design fundamentals
- Has worked on games with a highly narrative focus.
- Experience in a non-design development role (Artist, Animator, Audio, Engineer, etc…)
- An understanding of visual storytelling, camera techniques and mise-en-scène.
- Background in either cinema or creative writing.
Press ‘Apply Now!’ for more info and how to apply!