PUBLISHED: October 31, 2018
HOUSEMARQUE, Helsinki, Finland
Housemarque is looking for a Lead Designer for an unannounced AAA project!
Housemarque has a track record of 20+ years of developing top-notch games with focus on tight gameplay, impeccable audiovisual execution, and technical excellence.
We think we are a perfect workplace for talented people with interest in self-development and passion for games. We are working on exceptional new projects and we want you to play a part in making them happen.
Our company’s purpose is to:
- Be a great workplace, where people can develop professionally and as a person as well
- Develop games that bring joy and happiness to our gamers and fans
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Extensive health insurance
- Annual sports and cultural allowance
- A job with flexibility, responsibility and challenge
- Cool place to work with highly skilled professionals and fellow gamers
- All the help you need with relocation if you are moving to Finland from abroad
The ideal candidate will have a strong game design background, multiple game credits and a passion for shipping high quality products with a fun, collaborative team. Candidate should have phenomenal communication skills, proven leadership experience, a strong design background, and a stellar track record of shipping AAA games.
- Partner with the Game Director and team leadership to define the creative vision and direction for our project.
- Help steer strategic creative decisions and ensure consistency of vision with all efforts related to the project.
- Assess the workload vs. production capacity, plan the work, and set priorities for the game design team.
- Communicate the project objectives, strategies, and general information to all team members so as to give visibility to the advancement of the development of the game and the other crafts.
- Mentoring other members of the design team, helping them to improve and grow.
- Clearly define and champion high standards of production quality for all design work.
- Create a work environment that is motivating for team members and which fosters development and creation.
- 7+ years professional game development experience
- Shipped at least 2 AAA titles on any platform
- Expertise using Unreal Engine 4 or similar
- Ability to direct, collaborate, and speak critically on story, art, and content development
- Excellent sense for game design and creating outstanding user experiences
- Proven ability to carry complete designs from high-level concepts to high-quality execution
- Positive team-oriented attitude with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Leadership ability, strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proactive and self-motivated. Comfortable working without direct supervision
- Strong ability to diagnose not-quite-working designs and prescribe elegant solutions
- Must be able to accept critique of your work and have the ability to embrace change
- Familiarity with our previous games