PUBLISHED: October 17, 2018
HOUSEMARQUE, Helsinki, Finland
Housemarque is looking for a Lead Artist for an unannounced AAA project!
Housemarque has a track record of 20+ years of developing top-notch games with focus on tight gameplay, impeccable audiovisual execution, and technical excellence.
We think we are a perfect workplace for talented people with interest in self-development and passion for games. We are working on exceptional new projects and we want you to play a part in making them happen.
Our company’s purpose is to:
- Be a great workplace, where people can develop professionally and as a person as well
- Develop games that bring joy and happiness to our gamers and fans
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Extensive health insurance
- Annual sports and cultural allowance
- A job with flexibility, responsibility and challenge
- Cool place to work with highly skilled professionals and fellow gamers
- All the help you need with relocation if you are moving to Finland from abroad
Housemarque is looking for a highly motivated and talented Lead Artist to join our art team. As the lead of a talented and passionate art team at Housemarque, you’ll work with concept, environment, animation, VFX and UI artists to establish, evangelize and drive the art style and visual storytelling of the project. The ideal candidate is an experienced artist with management experience.
- Ensure a solid art foundation, process and positive team dynamics to create a smoothly running art production team
- Champion the vision and quality bar for the Art team
- Create visual touchstone assets that inspire and set visual direction for others.
- Communicate feedback in a clear, effective, collaborative, and timely manner
- Understand, maintain, explore, and enhance our visual style guide
- Help make informed decisions with team leads on work methods, development pipeline, priorities, and available resources.
- Supervise the development of visual assets—graphics, motions, 3D elements—from concept to implementation.
- 5+ years’ experience in game art asset creation in a variety of software packages including ZBrush, 3D Studio Max, Photoshop and Substance Painter
- Extensive experience executing a cohesive visual style at high standards of quality
- Understanding of current techniques and processes utilized in creating AAA games
- Ability to setup, optimize, and effectively process and export assets into a game engine
- Ability to collaborate and utilize the strengths of other disciplines (tech, design, VFX) in order the advance the visuals of the game
- Able to give and receive constructive feedback to elevate the art team’s work
- Strong leadership and interpersonal abilities
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- Art degree (BA, MA, etc.)
- Experience with JIRA, Hansoft and other Project Management Tools
- Experience in an Art Director or Lead Artist role
- Experience with Unreal Engine