PUBLISHED: May 14, 2019
HOUSEMARQUE, Helsinki, Finland
Housemarque is looking for a Lead Animator for an unannounced AAA project!
Housemarque has a track record of 20+ years of developing top-notch games with focus on tight gameplay, impeccable audiovisual execution, and technical excellence.
We think we are a perfect workplace for talented people with interest in self-development and passion for games. We are working on exceptional new projects and we want you to play a part in making them happen.
Our company’s purpose is to:
- Be a great workplace, where people can develop professionally and as a person
- Develop great games that bring joy & happiness to gamers and our fans
- Exciting and ambitious projects executed with the best tools
- Over two decades of experience in video game development
- Brilliant, diverse and empathetic colleagues to work with
- Freedom, flexibility and openness in a collaborative culture
- A warm and welcoming atmosphere at our cozy Helsinki office
- Competitive salary, benefits, healthcare, Nordic work-life balance
- Tailored relocation package to help you get settled into Finland
The ideal candidate will have a strong animation leadership background, multiple game credits and a passion for shipping high quality products with a fun, collaborative team. Candidate should have phenomenal communication skills, proven leadership experience, a strong animation background, and a stellar track record of shipping AAA games or other related experience in animation / vfx industries.
- Partner with the Game Director and team leadership to define the creative vision and animation direction for our project.
- Help steer strategic creative decisions and ensure consistency of vision with all efforts related to the project.
- Assess the workload vs. production capacity, plan the work, and set priorities for the animation team.
- Communicate the project objectives, strategies, and general information to all team members so as to give visibility to the advancement of the development of the game and the other crafts.
- Mentoring other members of the Animation team, helping them to improve and grow.
- Clearly define and champion high standards of production quality for all animation work.
- Create a work environment that is motivating for team members and which fosters development and creation.
- Set out the animation direction by developing visual concepts to final in engine.
- Direct actors during mocap sessions and plan shoots on budget and on time.
- Experience as an Animation Lead / Director in AAA or PC game project OR related industry
- Strong skills in at least one major animation software, but experience in Maya is strongly preferred
- Understanding of rigging and skinning at a modern game production / animation level industry
- Ability to provide constructive feedback
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Being visionary, and able to lead us there
- Experience in working or hobbying in any of the major game engines: Unreal Engine 4, Unity, CryEngine, etc.
- Art degree (BA, MA, etc.)
- 2D animation skills
- 3D modeling skills
- Mocap experience
- Experience in cutscene related tasks
- Facial rigging and animation experience
- Ability to draw down animation ideas, rough storyboards and thumbnails
- Strong understanding of animal locomotion
- Directing and/or storytelling skills
- Game hobby projects and game jam participations
- Knowledge of other game development skills (T-shaped employee)
- Familiarity with our previous games at Housemarque