PUBLISHED: January 11, 2018
HOUSEMARQUE, Helsinki, Finland
Housemarque is looking for a Concept Artist!
Housemarque has a track record of 20+ years of developing top-notch games with focus on tight gameplay, impeccable audiovisual execution, and technical excellence.
We think we are a perfect workplace for talented people with interest in self-development and passion for games. We are working on exceptional unannounced projects and we want you to play a part in making them happen.
Our company’s purpose is to:
- Be a great workplace, where people can develop professionally and as a person as well
- Develop games that bring joy and happiness to our gamers and fans
- Competitive salary and benefits
- A job with flexibility, responsibility and challenge
- All the help you need with relocation if you are moving to Finland from abroad
- Cool place to work with highly skilled professionals and fellow gamers
- A workplace that takes cares of the employees and gives them the opportunity to develop and flourish both professionally and as a person
As a Concept Artist your job is to sketch, ideate and iterate brave new worlds, creatures and basically everything we want the game to have. Mostly your day to day is coming up with quick visual ideas. Production art isn’t pretty, idea behind the design is that what matters not the quality of the artpiece. But don’t worry! Your job is also to do polished marketing illustrations and mood paintings. So good draftsmanship and painting skills are required.
- Good foundational skills of 2D drawing and painting
- Good understanding of lighting, color theory, perspective, composition and design fundamentals
- Good understanding of human and animal anatomy
- You can adopt to different styles and develop your own as well
- Good communication skills
- Excellent visual storytelling skills
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Art degree (BA, MA, etc.)
- Experiece with ZBrush, 3D-Coat or any other 3D program
- Experience with Unreal Engine
Press ‘Apply Now!’ for more info and how to apply!