Concept Artist / 2D Artist (Contract)
PUBLISHED: June 10, 2019
HOUSEMARQUE, Helsinki, Finland
Housemarque is looking for a Concept Artist / 2D Artist (Contract) for an unannounced AAA project!
Housemarque has a track record of 20+ years of developing top-notch games with focus on tight gameplay, impeccable audiovisual execution, and technical excellence.
We think we are a perfect workplace for talented people with interest in self-development and passion for games. We are working on exceptional new projects and we want you to play a part in making them happen.
Our company’s purpose is to:
- Be a great workplace, where people can develop professionally and as a person
- Develop great games that bring joy & happiness to gamers and our fans
- Exciting and ambitious projects executed with the best tools
- Over two decades of experience in video game development
- Brilliant, diverse and empathetic colleagues to work with
- Freedom, flexibility and openness in a collaborative culture
- A warm and welcoming atmosphere at our cozy Helsinki office
- Competitive salary, benefits, healthcare, Nordic work-life balance
- Tailored relocation package to help you get settled into Finland
Housemarque is looking for Concept Artist with strong 2D art skills. As a Concept Artist, you will work closely with the Art Director, UX Lead and other Concept Artists in creating visually compelling concepts for objects, visual effects and UI elements and screens from quick roughs through color comps toward a final. The Concept Artist will be responsible for supporting the artistic vision of the project. This a fixed-term contract for a period of 6 months.
- Create appealing and functional 2D concepts for props, objects, vfx and graphical user interfaces
- Produce art ranging from rough thumbnails to clean line work to print quality images
- Collaborate with other departments to concept strong in-game assets
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects or similar
- Great skills in illustration and user interface design
- Knowledge of game engines, proficiency with Unreal is a big plus
- Strong visual sensibilities and process; ability to use traditional drawing skills alongside digital 2D image making technique
- Deep understanding of fundamental graphic design disciplines (typography, iconography, composition, color, layout, etc.)
- Superior eye for light, value, color and composition
- Excellent team player with strong work ethic and a cooperative attitude
- An understanding of and appreciation for milestones, schedules, deadlines and efficient game development processes
- Experience in UI design in the video game industry
- Motion graphics, 3D, or VFX experience