PUBLISHED: October 17, 2018
HOUSEMARQUE, Helsinki, Finland
Housemarque is looking for an Animator for an unannounced AAA project!
Housemarque has a track record of 20+ years of developing top-notch games with focus on tight gameplay, impeccable audiovisual execution, and technical excellence.
We think we are a perfect workplace for talented people with interest in self-development and passion for games. We are working on exceptional new projects and we want you to play a part in making them happen.
Our company’s purpose is to:
- Be a great workplace, where people can develop professionally and as a person as well
- Develop games that bring joy and happiness to our gamers and fans
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Extensive health insurance
- Annual sports and cultural allowance
- A job with flexibility, responsibility and challenge
- Cool place to work with highly skilled professionals and fellow gamers
- All the help you need with relocation if you are moving to Finland from abroad
As an Animator your responsibility is to animate and implement animations in to the game engine. We expect you to have a thirst for learning and becoming a better animator, as well as to be a proactive and social person, who can work under a direction and mentoring of experienced animators.
- At least 2 years of experience as an animator in a current generation console or a PC game project or at least one shipped title for any of the following platforms: PS4, Xbox One, Wii U, PC, Switch
- Some experience in working or hobbying in any of the major game engines: Unreal 4, Unity, CryEngine, etc.
- Solid skills in at least one major animation software, but experience in Maya is preferred
- Able to rig and skin on a game production level
- Art degree (BA, MA, etc.)
- 2D animation skills
- 3D modeling/sculpting skills
- Mocap experience
- Game hobby/student projects and game jam participations
- Knowledge of any other game development skills
- Ability to draw down animation ideas, rough storyboards and thumbnails