PUBLISHED: March 25, 2019
HOUSEMARQUE, Helsinki, Finland
Housemarque is looking for an Animation Programmer for an unannounced AAA project!
Housemarque has a track record of 20+ years of developing top-notch games with focus on tight gameplay, impeccable audiovisual execution, and technical excellence.
We think we are a perfect workplace for talented people with interest in self-development and passion for games. We are working on exceptional new projects and we want you to play a part in making them happen.
Our company’s purpose is to:
- Be a great workplace, where people can develop professionally and as a person
- Develop great games that bring joy & happiness to gamers and our fans
- Exciting and ambitious projects executed with the best tools
- Over two decades of experience in video game development
- Brilliant, diverse and empathetic colleagues to work with
- Freedom, flexibility and openness in a collaborative culture
- A warm and welcoming atmosphere at our cozy Helsinki office
- Competitive salary, benefits, healthcare, Nordic work-life balance
- Tailored relocation package to help you get settled into Finland
We’re looking for motivated candidates who enjoy variety and challenges. As an Animation Programmer you work with our animation and gameplay teams to push our upcoming AAA game’s animation to the next level!
- Work together with animation and gameplay teams to improve the technical side of character in-game animations
- Setup character animation logic using Unreal Engine’s animation tools
- Develop interfaces with game systems (AI, character control, etc.)
- Innovate and improve animation tools and pipeline, as well as research new animation technologies
- At least one shipped game as an Animation Programmer
- Experience in solving animation and character related problems
- Ability to easily collaborate and communicate in English with both engineers and non-technical people alike
- Strong C++ and OOP skills
- Experience with Unreal Engine’s animation system
- Experience with Maya or similar DCC tools
- Console or PC game programming experience
- Motion capture knowledge is a plus