3D Character Artist
PUBLISHED: January 4, 2018
HOUSEMARQUE, Helsinki, Finland
Housemarque is looking for a 3D Character Artist!
Housemarque has a track record of 20+ years of developing top-notch games with focus on tight gameplay, impeccable audiovisual execution, and technical excellence.
We think we are a perfect workplace for talented people with interest in self-development and passion for games. We are working on exceptional unannounced projects and we want you to play a part in making them happen.
Our company’s purpose is to:
- Be a great workplace, where people can develop professionally and as a person as well
- Develop games that bring joy and happiness to our gamers and fans
- Competitive salary and benefits
- A job with flexibility, responsibility and challenge
- All the help you need with relocation if you are moving to Finland from abroad
- Cool place to work with highly skilled professionals and fellow gamers
- A workplace that takes cares of the employees and gives them the opportunity to develop and flourish both professionally and as a person
As a 3D Character Artist your responsibility is to create game characters in wide range of roles, from protagonist characters to compelling NPC characters and all the way to weird and disgusting alien creatures and bosses. You have solid understanding on game character readability and ability to design characters to portray different gameplay requirements. You work closely with animators and riggers to ensure models deform correctly and achieve a high level of functionality and design aesthetics. You have an ability to meet deadlines under tight schedules, willingness to receive direction and work closely with a team.
- At least 3-4 years of experience as game artist in a current generation console or a PC game project or at least one shipped title for any of the following platforms: PS4, Xbox One, Wii U, PC
- Strong drawing, sculpting, and conceptualization skills with an ability to adapt to established styles
- Advanced knowledge of human and animal anatomy
- Advanced knowledge of Maya, Modo, Blender or any equivalent 3D modelling software
- Understanding of clean edge flow and best practices for modeling for animation performance
- Advanced sculpting experience with Zbrush
- Advanced knowledge of retopology and baking maps
- Solid experience in texturing characters and understanding of creating PBR textures
- Proactive, actively participates in technical and artistic problem solving
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Not afraid of challenge and responsibility
- Art degree (BA MA, etc.)
- Marvelous designer experience
- Experience from facial animation, knowledge of making wrinkle maps
- Experience with Unreal engine
Press ‘Apply Now!’ for more info and how to apply!