Head of Game Studio VEIKKAUS / Helsinki, Finland
PUBLISHED: February 8, 2021
Veikkaus creates joy through games. We provide great experiences and top-notch games, but not at any cost. We foster the joy of gaming and make sure that Finns play with moderation, enjoying our games. We want to be the pioneer of responsible gaming experience.
Almost all adult Finns have tried our games and we have two million Loyal Customers. We are involved in Finnish life in many ways. We are ca. 1,600 Veikkaus employees, working at nearly a hundred locations all over Finland. Our games are sold at thousands of points of sales and they are also available for safe online gaming at veikkaus.fi and in the Veikkaus application.
Would you like to join a hungry and openminded team that is in front of fascinating opportunities in fast developing international business environment? We work hard, support each other and have great fun aiming to create more value to the gaming world.
Veikkaus New Business, Business Unit International is looking for a
Head of Game Studio
We are looking for an awesome person with a great attitude to lead our Game Studio. Your main responsibility is to lead the Game Studio in all its actions and develop the abilities of the studio to reach the inspiring strategic goals. Close co-operation with other Veikkaus key stakeholders and co-developing games with other Finnish and international game studios is part of your work. You will work as a member of the Management Team of Business Unit International.
Veikkaus has a compact yet versatile Game Studio full of dedicated professionals who are passionate about the games and also conscious about the social aspects of our work. There’s 45 of us and we are firm believers of team-centric development. All of our teams work in a self-driven manner with agile development methods. The studio is looking at a very bright future with lots of interesting projects with new international markets too!
Our office is located in Pohjois-Haaga, Helsinki, Finland. Remote working is possible, but position requires the candidate to relocate to Helsinki / Capital region.
- Benefits of a large company with advantages of a smaller game studio
- Great atmosphere and awesome co-workers
- Opportunity to be part of a once in a lifetime type of transformation
- Unusually large slate of benefits including support for sports & cultural activities, health plans, mobile phone, gym, free breakfast, nearly endless amount of coffee and healthy fruits in the afternoon.
We expect you to have
- Experience in leading game development and ability to lead the Game Studio
- Skill to transform long term strategic targets to concrete executable actions and follow through the implementation until a successful outcome
- Ability to lead the Studio with a growth attitude and coaching mindset. Taking good care of everyone on the team while still keeping the targets and schedules.
- Business orientation and customer-centric mindset both in company internal co-operation and when working with external contacts
- A self-starting, can-do attitude!
- Great Finnish and English language and brilliant presentation skills
Considered a plus
- Interest in game technologies and data driven game development
- Experience in casino/betting/lottery industry
- Experience in international business and/or product development
- Experience of international game development and localization
- Language skills
Veikkaus as a company will perform a drug test, credit information check, and security clearance check (According to the Act on Security Clearance (726/2014)) to the person selected for the position.
Please send your application with a CV and salary request included as soon as possible. We will start processing the applications right away and the position will be filled as soon as we have a match!
For more information feel free to contact Timo Kiiskinen tel +358 40 568 2646 from mondays to thursdays between 4.30 – 6.00 PM for any questions you may have!