Head of Communications & PR
PUBLISHED: August 9, 2018
Are you an experienced Comms & PR Leader passionate about mobile games and the entertainment industry? Excellent, here at Rovio we’re seeking a Head of Communications and PR to lead our Communications and PR activities at a company-wide level as well as across all Rovio products, from games to movies. Now is an exciting time as the original Angry Birds game will be celebrating its 10th anniversary next year and our movie sequel is in the works.
As a Comms & PR Lead, you will create a strategy which ensures we execute effective press releases, build online communities and coordinate events, driving creative PR initiatives for long-term success.
You are an influencer who promotes and maintains a positive image of our company, while ensuring strong online and offline brand presence across all relevant touchpoints. You will coordinate with internal teams (Marketing, Games, Brand Licensing, HR) to maximize brand messaging consistency in all PR and communication efforts. You will take a lead in developing internal communication tools, channels and practices on company level.
We ask candidates to submit multiple examples of coverage in relevant gaming, entertainment, and technology outlets – and results – from previously executed media releases and communication plans.
What you’ll take under your wings:
- Lead the development and execution of company-wide communications strategy (external and internal)
- Manage creation of news, announcements, Q&A, and media strategy for corporate events and activities
- Develop and train organization on communication guidelines and key policies
- Support employee experience strategy creation and implementation both internally and externally
- Maximise brand presence on various channels (e.g. web, TV and social media)
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with media and influential professionals
- Help ensure brand consistency in all promotional efforts
- Organise PR events to increase awareness of our company
- Lead a small team of comms & PR professionals, developing and coaching team members
We’d love it if you had these feathers in your cap:
- A proven track record working within the gaming or entertainment industry
- Visionary and forward-leaning approach to organizational comms & PR
- A passion for games and entertainment
- A story building approach to PR
- Be well connected with media contacts
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Knowledge of the latest comms tools and channels
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritising work to meet tight deadlines
- People management and coaching skills