Gameplay Programmer REDLYNX / Helsinki, Finland
PUBLISHED: December 11, 2020
Are you passionate about games? Do you want to be part of a world-class international game development team with true professionals in a fun atmosphere? At Ubisoft RedLynx we break boundaries. How about you?
We’re Ubisoft RedLynx, a game development studio located in Helsinki, one of the world’s top cities to live in. We bring console/PC and mobile game development under one roof with an ambitious team of over 150 people of 20+ different nationalities. Along with our popular Trials series, the action-packed South Park: Phone Destroyer and Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 for Google Stadia, we have developed and published more than 100 games. As one of the biggest and long-standing game studios in Finland, we want to surprise people with the unexpected and create impactful game experiences that stand the test of time.
We’re part of Ubisoft, a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services. We’re surrounded by 18,000+ enthusiastic experts tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond. Belonging to the Ubisoft family brings tons of benefits, including vast resources and support, plus the opportunity to collaborate on exciting projects with high production value.
We are looking for a
Gameplay Programmer to our new unannounced groundbreaking project.
We have just kicked off the development of a new game title based on our own new IP. As a Gameplay Programmer, you will implement various gameplay and metagame features. You take pride in writing clean, efficient, and reliable code and enjoy elaborating your technical solutions. You will be part of a compact and skilled gameplay programming team and work closely with game designers, artists and other programmers, using state of the art Ubisoft technologies.
We’re looking for a game programmer wizard who has eye for details and likes to work with others. In this ambitious project, you will have the opportunity to join a team of game developers and industry veterans that work in an agile way in a playful atmosphere. You will also get to enjoy the network and resources of Ubisoft, and you can always ping any colleague around the world to share ideas!
If you are wondering what it’s like to work at Ubisoft Redlynx as a Gameplay Programmer, check out Arttu’s career story!
- Designing and implementing robust and flexible gameplay systems and other game features in an online multiplayer game
- Working closely with game designers in order to understand what is expected of each feature and with game engine programmers to establish best practices for developing them
- Collaborating with people of various disciplines like level designers, artists, tools developers etc. to ensure a game feature comes together successfully
- Improving existing systems to meet changing requirements and new game ideas
Skills and experience
- Solid knowledge and experience programming in C++
- Experience in game development and strong interest in game design
- Self-motivation, eagerness to learn, adaptability, and pride in getting things done
- Well organized and ability to work within deadlines
- Excellent collaboration skills and desire to promote teamwork and diversity
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
We also appreciate
- Degree in Computer Science or a relevant field
- Experience working on games for PC or console platforms
- Experience developing game engine features or tools
- Experience of online multiplayer game development and working with large codebases
- Experience of full development cycle from conception to shipping.
What are you waiting for? Please send your application and CV with your salary expectations.The application period closes on 10th of January 2021 but apply now because we can’t wait to meet you! And if you are still thinking if to apply or not, explore what Ubisoft RedLynx has to offer.