Game Programmer CRITICAL FORCE / Kajaani/Helsinki/remote
PUBLISHED: February 25, 2022
Critical Force is the creator of the successful mobile FPS title Critical Ops and one of the leading mobile shooter game developers in the world. Our values are Honesty, Trust, Team Spirit, Player Centric and Learn & Grow, which are cherished by all of our employees.
We are looking for Game Programmers to join the Critical Ops team on our mission of becoming the #1 tactical shooter game on mobile. You would be developing and maintaining features and systems together with our incredible team for a large and active player base. Depending on your personal preferences and strengths, you could focus on programming gameplay, graphics, user interface, tooling, or a combination of these.
If you have a passion for games and you are a self-driven person looking to work in a team of dedicated people, we would love to hear from you!
- Develop and maintain features and systems for Critical Ops
- Release features to live environment
- Write code that communicates with gameplay server and backend
- Ensure solid game performance
- Collaborate on technical architecture design with other programmers in keeping code architecture, quality, and documentation up to the standards
- Work together with a multidisciplinary team with opportunities to take responsibility
- Professional experience using C# and Unity
- Understanding and experience of game technology development (gameplay, graphics, user interface, tooling)
- Knowledge of software design principles and patterns
You can also Wow us with
- Multiplayer development experience
- Microservices experience
- Multi-platform development experience
Critical Force is a Finnish game company with offices in both Kajaani and Helsinki. We are focusing on shooter games for mobile and strive to create games that are fun to play on both casual and competitive players. Our flagship game is a first-person shooter Critical Ops, which has been downloaded over 100 million times worldwide and has become a trailblazer in electronic sports played on mobile devices. From our interns to senior developers, we all share a passion for games and pride ourselves on our friendly and focused team atmosphere.
We provide the opportunity to work remotely or from either of our offices – in Kajaani, experiencing an international feeling with a small-town vibe next to nature – or in Helsinki – in the heart of a bustling games capital. For remote work, terms may apply depending on the location.
- Opportunity to join an award-winning game studio developing shooter games
- Transparent and caring company culture
- The option to choose where you work: Helsinki office, Kajaani office or remote
- Robust benefits, incl. comprehensive health and travel insurance, dental care, internet benefit, and additional paid holidays
- Flexible working environment and autonomous teams